Update Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to N960FXXU2CRLT Android 9.0 Pie
Update Samsung Galaxy Note 9 to N960FXXU2CRLT Android 9.0 Pie: Samsung Galaxy Note 9 started receiving the stable Android 9.0 Pie update based on One UI. Nowadays Samsung has done a tremendous job and busy to rolling out the new stock OEM skin for his latest flagships. Here we share a guide on how to update Samsung Galaxy Note 9 on Android 9.0 Pie.
Last month Samsung rolling out the beta update for Galaxy Note 9 and now the time to upgrade your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 on Android 9.0 Pie. This latest official update comes with build id number N960FXXU2CRLT along with January 2019 security patch. Also, the update brings Samsung’s new One UI software for Galaxy Note 9. This latest update is rolling out via OTA and currently available in Germany.
The stable Android Pie update is not only limited for beta users but you also those users who are on Android 8.1 Oreo. They can install this latest update, for android Oreo users update is 1.6 GB in size. If you still not receive any OTA update notification then can check manually by going to Settings > Software updates and tap on the Download Updates Manually button.
If you see the new update with N960FXXU2CRLT then download and install it. If you do not see any new update then still you can update Samsung Galaxy Note 9 on Android 9.0 Pie by using Odin app. By following given below step by step guide you can easily update Samsung Galaxy Note 9 on Android 9.0 Pie. The most recent update comes with all the Android Pie features and customization.
Once you can update Samsung Galaxy Note 9 on Android 9.0 Pie, then you will experience the stable Android Pie OS and one UI. While installing the official update your data will not be wiped clean but we are highly recommended you to take the important data of your phone before proceeding. If you are interested in update Samsung Galaxy Note 9 on Android 9. Pie then following given instructions.
One UI Changelog:
Here is the changelog of the stable Android 9.0 Pie update.
- Content and Settings have been re-organized
- Interactive Elements moved to screen bottom for easy access
- Night mode feature
- Reply to messages directly in the notification panel
- Image thumbnails now show on the notification
- New Emojis
- Adaptive theme changes
- Floating keyboard
Always On Display
- New clock styles added
- Battery charging information
- Improved search
- Enables search within App
- New scene optimizer enhances the camera color settings.
- Adds new Editor tool for Photos.
- New storage analysis tool has been added to help you monitor storage usage.
- Show/hide items on MyFiles home screen.
- Shows daily step counts in the notification panel.
- Lift to wake feature turns on the screen when you pick up the phone.
This guide containing the N960FXXU2CRLT stable Android 9.0 Pie firmware and instructions are working with Galaxy Note 9 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding to the installation guide.
UnlockRoot.net will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Samsung Galaxy Note 9 during or after the installation of stable Android 9.0 Pie. Proceed at your own risk.
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Galaxy Note 9, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve properly installed the Galaxy Note 9 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Note 9 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after the installation of the stock update it will be lost.
- The custom recovery will be replaced by the stock version.
- If the Galaxy Note 9 is rooted then after installing the official firmware, it will no longer belong to a rooted version.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installing the ROM.
All you need to check your respective device first.
How to Register for OneUI:
- Install the Samsung members App from the given link and install it.
- Open the Samsung members App.
- Tap on the Notices option.
- You will see this “One UI with Android 9.0 on Galaxy Note 9”.
- Tap on it to enroll.
Check for Software Update:
- Connect your device with a stable internet connection (Wi-Fi or data network).
- Navigate to Android app drawer and tap on Settings.
- Next, locate About Device and tap on it.
- Choose Software Update from About Device.
- Tap on Update option.
- If the update is available then you can see an update, press OK to download and install.
- Once the download completes, your device will reboot to complete the installation process.
Download stable Android 9.0 Pie Firmware:
- Download stable Android 9.0 Pie (Link Updated Soon)
- Odin3 v3.12.3
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Note 9 on Android 9.0 Pie Stable Update:
1:– First, download N960FXXU2CRLT Security Patch and Odin v3.12.3 for Galaxy Note 9 on the desktop of your PC and extract the .zip files.
2:– Turn OFF your Galaxy Note 9 in order to boot into Download Mode.
3:– Turn the device ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home keys at the same time and then press the Power button until the construction Android robot and a triangle appear. Now press the Power button once again to confirm to enter into Download Mode.
4:– Launch Odin tool on your PC as an Administrator and plug your phone into your PC while your phone is in the Download Mode.
5:– One of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number once the phone is connected successfully.
6:– Select the firmware files that you want to flash on your Galaxy Note 9. (Already extracted in Step No 1)
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
7:– In Odin, make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options are ticked but the Re-Partition option should be unchecked.
8:– Click on the Start button in Odin to initiate the installation process. It will take a few minutes to complete.
9:– Once the process of installation successfully completes, the Galaxy Note 9 will restart. Unplug the phone after you see the home screen.
Done! these were the instructions to install N960FXXU2CRLT on Galaxy Note 9. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or issues.