How To Update Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 6.1 Plus To Android 9 Pie Official Firmware
Today we share a detailed guide on how to update Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 6.1 Plus to Android 9 Pie via flashing the official stock firmware. Finally HMD Global has announced the stable version of Android Pie update for Nokia 6.1 and 6.1 Plus. The Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 6.1 Plus were released this year and came with Android 8.1 Oreo out-of-the-box. While both phones received directly made the jump to stable Android Pie software.
All thanks to XDA Senior Members Danny1976 and hikari_calyx for sharing this amazing and latest Android Pie OTA package links for Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 6.1 Plus. This stable Pie official update comes with build number v3.260C and v3.30B respectively, along with the latest October 2018 security patch.
The company rolling out the Android Pie official update via OTA (Over- the -air) in various regions. So if you still have not received this latest OTA update then you can update Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 6.1 Plus to Android 9 Pie official firmware by following given below simple step by step guide.
The stable Android 9 Pie firmware comes with many new features and changes like the revamped Settings, notifications, gesture navigation, better AI-based battery management, new power, and Settings menu, QS panel is the visual changes. The update also brings the digital wellbeing feature to ensure the user is using the device efficiently, new Nokia Camera app version 91.9.1140.20 which brings features like ‘You Decide‘ and ‘Infinitely Adjust‘ to the Dual-Sight mode and so on.
If you are interested in update Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 6.1 Plus to Android 9 Pie firmware manually. First, you check for the OTA notification. We are strongly recommended that you take a full backup of all your personal data on the phone before proceeding.
Please note that Android 9 Pie update given in this guide is working with the Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 6.1 Plus only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants. Verify the model number of your phone first by navigating to Settings -> About Phone.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 6.1 Plus.
- Install USB Drivers for Android Devices on your PC.
- You need to Enter Nokia Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down + Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when the Nokia phone reboots and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Download Mode.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installation.
How to Update Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 6.1 Plus To Android 9 Pie Official Stock Firmware:
Follow the given guide to update Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 6.1 Plus to Android 9 Pie update:
- Download Android Pie OTA package for your Nokia 6.1/Nokia 6.1 Plus.
- For Nokia 6.1, rename the downloaded package to “PL2-3260-0-00WW-B01-update.zip“.
- For Nokia 6.1 Plus, rename the downloaded package to “DRG-330B-0-00WW-B01-update.zip“.
- Next, connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Transfer the OTA package to the root (Outside all folders) of the phone’s storage.
- Open the dialer app on your phone and enter the following:
- Ensure that your phone has the latest Android 8.1 Oreo firmware installed.
- Once confirmed, enter the following code in the dialer to install Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 6.1 Plus Android Pie update:
- The installation process will begin immediately.
- After the update is finished, your phone will reboot and the OTA package will be deleted from the internal storage automatically.
When your phone boots back into the OS, it shall be upgraded and running Android Pie. So go ahead and explore all the new features on your Nokia handset.
Done! You have successfully update Nokia 6.1 and Nokia 6.1 Plus to Android 9 Pie official stock firmware.