How To Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices with Official MiFlash Tool
Our today’s guide is all about How To Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices. Now you can easily Unlock the Bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi & Mi phones with MiFlash Tool. Xiaomi is always busy to announce new smartphones embedded with great features and specifications. If you are using a Xiaomi phone then you may know about MIUI. MIUI is the forked version of Android OS developed by the company and Xiaomi Redmi mobiles are running on this OS. Android is an open source platform that allows developers to customize the devices with a lot of customized ROMS and Xposed firmware. Developers love MIUI because it’s one of the most popular and they use it as a custom ROM. But all you need to unlock the bootloader of your Redmi device before you can do anything with it.
Xiaomi devices also come with locked bootloader like other Android OEMs to maintain the device integrity and user’s data protection. If you want to install a ROM, root your phone or flash a custom recovery on any Xiaomi device then the first thing that you will need to do is to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi devices. Unlocking bootloader on your Xiaomi phone will lift the limitations which are set by the manufacturer out of the box. It’s easy to unlock the Bootloader of almost all Xiaomi smartphones such as Redmi 3, Redmi 3s, Redmi 3s Prime, Redmi Note 3, Redmi Note 4, Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Pro Mi 3, Mi4, Mi 5, Mi 5Plus, Mi Mix, Mi Max, X, Mi6 etc.
Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices
Bootloader powers the Android OS when it runs initially as it’s a code that executes when a device is booting. In the guide given below, we’ll let you know the detailed steps to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi phones. First of all, we’ll get the permissions from Xiaomi to unlock the bootloader to do some required settings on the device and then will unlock the bootloader. So if you want to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices then go ahead and proceed to the given guide. Even you are going to unlock the bootloader on Xiaomi device officially but note that you will void the official warranty.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices
Please follow the given pre-requirements before proceeding to the installation guide.
- We highly recommend taking a complete backup of all your personal data on your Xiaomi phone. As the process to unlock bootloader will wipe the complete device’s data
- Enable OEM unlocking in Settings > Additional settings > Developer options.
- You will void your device warranty
- Make sure that the battery level of your device is about 70% before going ahead.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi & Mi Devices:
First, you will need to get permission from Xiaomi to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi phones. After that, we’ll use Mi Flash Tool to unlock the bootloader.
Get the Unlock Permission from Xiaomi
1. First, go to the Official page of MIUI unlock on your PC.
2. Click on the “Unlock Now” button in order to request for the Bootloader Unlocking Permission using your Mi account.
3. On the next page, you’ll be asked to enter the Login ID & Password. (The page is in the Chinese language). Here, you can also log in with your Facebook account.
4. You can use Google Translate Chrome extension to translate the page into English.
6. Once logged in, you’ll see an Unlock Application Permissions page.
7. Confirm to the disclaimer checkbox and hit the “Apply Now” button.
8. Enter the confirmation code that you received on your phone on which Mi account is configured.
9. Now, wait until they approve your request.
It may take about 2 to 10 days for approval. After that, you’ll receive the confirmation via SMS that the application is approved manually.
But if they don’t approve, then navigate to Help Forum and take help of the support. After getting the confirmation, you can go ahead to follow the unlocking process. Below we have given the next steps to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi using Mi Flash Unlock Tool.
Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Devices Using Mi Flash Unlock Tool
Once, your Mi account has permission to Unlock Bootloader on Your Xiaomi Device, you can proceed to the following steps.
1. Download the FlashTool on your Windows PC or you can also download Mi Flash Unlock Tool on your PC using the link that was sent to you.
2. Extract the downloaded tool zip file and run the “MiFlashUnlock.exe”.
3. Accept the disclaimer displayed on the screen once the Mi Flash Unlock tool runs.
4. Now reboot your device in bootloader mode. Power OFF your device, now press the Power button and Volume Down (-) button at the same time to enter into Bootloader Mode.
6. Now in Mi Flash tool Login with the same Mi account, you used in your Xiaomi device.
8. Finally, click on the “Unlock” button to unlock bootloader on Xiaomi.
This will take around 2-3 minutes to complete. Once the process is finished, click on reboot device.
Done! You have unlocked the Bootloader of your Xiaomi phone.
You have successfully unlocked the bootloader of your Xiaomi device. You are now free to install custom recoveries, ROMs, and even can root your Xiaomi device.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question regarding the above guide.