How To Install TWRP Custom Recovery And Root Redmi Note 7 [Full Guide]
If you are searching for a guide to install TWRP custom recovery and root Redmi Note 7, then you are the right place. Here we share a simple step-by-step guide on how to root Redmi Note 7 and install TWRP custom recovery. Recently, Xiaomi has launched a new device, Redmi Note 7 with amazing design and upgraded hardware. This is the first device from Xiaomi which comes with a Glossy back panel.
The smartphone comes with a 6.3 inches Full HD display having 81.4% screen to body ratio and 409 pixels per inch density. Redmi Note 7 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 processor along with 3/6 GB of RAM and 32/64 GB of internal storage. The device has the dual rear camera is 48 MP + 5 MP and 13 MP front camera.
If you are the owner of this great phone and want to install TWRP custom recovery and root Redmi Note 7 then follow the detailed guide. If this is your first time, then no need to worry because the guide is user-friendly. Rooting is the process of gaining the full control of your smartphone. Also, after rooting Redmi Note 7, you can install different custom ROM, kernels, Mods, Xposed Modules for customized features, one click root and unroot processes and so on. TWRP is also known as (TeamWin custom recovery), which is an open source custom recovery. It helps to take Full Nandroid Backup and restore it later, remove bloatware, mod zip files for customizations and much more.
In order to install TWRP custom recovery and root Redmi Note 7, your device must have an Unlocked Bootloader. Keep in mind while rooting your device, you may void your phone’s warranty. Also, you can lose your entire data. So before proceeding, take the full backup of your smartphone. If you want to install TWRP custom recovery and root Redmi Note 7. Then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Redmi Note 7 Lite using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Redmi Note 7
- You can always take FULL NANDROID Backup in case of any modding or flashing.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 7.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 7.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 7
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 7, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device. Before flashing recovery, please read and install the required drivers and software on your PC.
Download Required Files
- This Guide is to Install TWRP Recovery on Redmi Note 7
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 7.
- You need either a Laptop or a PC.
- Download Chainfire Super SU.zip
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Download Latest Redmi Note 7 USB Drivers
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
How to Root Redmi Note 7:
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Redmi Note 7 without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery, so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting Redmi Note 7, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device at any time without any issues.
The advantages of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Redmi Note 7, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Redmi Note 7 Lite by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Redmi Note 7.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Redmi Note 7.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications.
- By Rooting Redmi Note 7, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root Redmi Note 7 smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7. Any queries, you can leave a comment down below.