OnePlus 6T Gets Unofficial CarbonROM cr-7.0, LineageOS 16.0, CypherOS 7.0 And Official crDroid Custom ROMs: Oneplus smartphones are popular in the Android community not in only their performance, speed and reasonable price but also for their developer friendly ecosystem. Since the Nexus program stopped by Google, Oneplus devices have been the de facto test device for Android developer friendly.
With the help of this, you can not only unlock the bootloader of your device but also but also retain warranty after bootloader unlocking. It allows accessing to the kernel sources of the smartphone and both devices OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6t support was available from day 1 itself. If you want to customize the software on your phone then the Chinese smartphone also runs on a device seeding program. Which is the support to custom development works on the device.
Oneplus has recently announced the decision to stop the device seeding program. It means that it would not offer devices to leading Android developers. Keep in mind that the OnePlus has clarified that the decision was not permanent. They were changes the communication channels and selection criterion to improve the program. As a result, OnePlus 6t has received the unofficial custom ROMS such as unofficial CarbonROM cr-7.0, unofficial LineageOS 16.0, unofficial CypherOS 7.0 and official crDroid updates. These all are ROMs are based on Android 9.0 Pie OS, which means now you can get the experience of the latest Android OS on your device.
If we talking about the specifications of OnePlus 6T then the device comes with 6.41-inch 1,080×2,340 display and it is covered by a Corning Gorilla Glass 6. The OnePlus 6 T is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 845 SoC along with 6/8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of internal storage. The smartphone has the dual rear camera is 16MP and a 20MP sensors and 16MP for the front camera. So if you are interested in installing the custom firmware on your OnePlus 6 T then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Please note that this guide containing the Android Pie Custom Firmware file is compatible with OnePlus 6 T only. Do not try to flash this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
UnlockRoot.net will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
- Enable USB Debugging on your OnePlus 6 T phone by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers for your OnePlus 6 T device on your PC.
If the TWRP custom recovery is not yet installed on your phone yet then you’ll need to install TWRP first.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
- Unofficial CarbonROM cr-7.0
- Unofficial LineageOS 16.0
- Unofficial CypherOS 7.0
- Official crDroid
- Download Google Apps
Steps To Install Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM On OnePlus 6T:
1. First of all, download the ROM and Google Apps package zipped files for your device from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your phone to the PC using its USB data cable.
3. Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sd card on your phone.
4. After the transferring process completes, boot your device into the TWRP Recovery. Here you can find a detailed guide on
5. Now, follow the given guide to install Havoc OS ROM on your device.
6. Repeat the same steps to flathe sh Google Apps package.
7. Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install the Android 9.0 Pie custom ROM.