How To Download/Install One UI 2.1 Android 10 Update For Galaxy Note 9
Samsung is surprising the users of Galaxy Note 9 and upgrading the two-year-old device. Recently, Samsung started rolling out the One UI 2.1 Android 10 update for Galaxy Note 9. Samsung Galaxy Note 9 was released in August 2018 with Android 8.1 Oreo and later upgraded to the Android 9.0 Pie OS. At the time of launching the company promised to upgrade the device to One UI 2.1 Android 10. Now the wait is over and the time has come to download and upgrade One UI 2.1 Android 10 update for Galaxy Note 9.
The most recent update brings build-id N960FXXU5ETF5 along with June 2020 security patch. Also, the One UI 2.1 Android 10 update includes many improvements, added some new features, customizations, bug fixes, and much more. Here in this article, we come with a simple step by step guide on how to download and install One UI 2.1 Android 10 update for Galaxy Note 9. The One UI 2.1 official update is packed with many features such as AR Doodle, improved Digital Wellbeing, AR Emoji, parental controls, new functionality, and improved privacy controls, Focus mode, and much more.
Samsung started rolling out the One UI 2.1 Android 10 update via OTA, region wise. So it may take some time to reach in all regions. If you are excited but not receiving any new update notification yet, then you can install the update manually. Given below we share the full OTA update a direct link. Through that link, you can just download and install it on your device by using the Odin flash tool.
Samsung officially released the best firmware flashing tool which is the Odin flash tool. With the help of this tool, you can flash official stock firmware on any Samsung device. Now go to the download portion and follow the given guide on how to download and install the One UI 2.1 Android 10 update for Galaxy Note 9.
Please note that the N960FXXU5ETF5 One UI 2.1 Android 10 Official Update file given in this guide is working with the Galaxy Note 9 model number N960F only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants. Verify the model number of your phone first by navigating to Settings -> About Phone.
How To Check / Upgrade Software Update on Galaxy Note 9?
- To check the latest software update on your Galaxy Note 9, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Galaxy Note 9. The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
This was the method to upgrade your device via OTA and if you want to manually download the latest One UI 2.1 Android 10 Official Update then connect to a strong Wi-Fi network. You can also download and install the OTA firmware on the Galaxy Note 9 using ODIN Software manually. We have given the link to download the stock firmware and installation instructions below.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- Install USB Drivers for Android Devices on your PC.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down + Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboots and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Download Mode.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installation.
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to update your device manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install a new update on Samsung Galaxy Note 9.
- Download OTA Update For Galaxy Note 9: Download link
Steps To Install N960FXXU5ETF5 One UI 2.1 Android 10 Update For Galaxy Note 9 Official Firmware Using ODIN:
Follow the given guide to install N960FXXU5ETF5 One UI 2.1 Android 10 Official Update for Galaxy Note 9 using Odin:
Done! You have successfully installed N960FXXU5ETF5 One UI 2.1 Android 10 Update for Galaxy Note 9 based on One UI 2.1 Android 10.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while updating your Galaxy Note 9 to the latest Android stock firmware.