Install XXU4CREF Android 8.0 Oreo June 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy A5 (2017)
Install XXU4CREF Android 8.0 Oreo June 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy A5 (2017) (SM-A520F): Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 has started receiving the June 2018 Security Patch in form of a new update for A520 variants. After upgrading Galaxy A5 (2017) to the latest firmware, the build number will move to A520FXXU4CREF. Keep in mind that the June 2018 Security Patch is not a major OS improvement. As it’s a minor patch that brings fixes for a few recently reported bugs and security breaches. We strongly recommend updating Android devices to the new firmware updates to keep safe your device from vulnerabilities and malware. In short, if you want to experience a fully stable Android OS, then you will need to flash this latest OTA on your Galaxy A5 2017.
A520FXXU4CREF firmware Update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and we have given a detailed guide on how to download and install XXU4CREF Android 8.0 Oreo June 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy A5 (2017) via Odin tool. The Android 8.0 Oreo A520FXXU4CREF Android 8.0 Oreo Official Update is available through OTA (over-the-air) in some regions. Check software update on unlocked Galaxy A5 (2017) and hit the download to upgrade your device A520FXXU4CREF Android 8.0 Oreo Official Update on the availability.
The new firmware update is available for the model number A520 of this device within the United Arab Emirates. As the OTA update arrives phase-wise and will soon reach every user running on Stock OEM firmware. Still, if the update has not yet reached in your region then you can manually install Android 8.0 Oreo Official update on Galaxy A5 (2017). Odin 3.13.3 app is capable of installing the new official Oreo update over a custom ROM. Now proceed to check for the software update manually on the Galaxy A5 (2017).
- PDA: A520FXXU4CREF
- CSC: A520FOJV4CREF
- CHANGELIST: 13670986
- BUILD DATE: Thu, 24 May 2018 11:30:11 +0000
- Android security patch level: 2018-06-01
Please note that XXU4CREF Android 8.0 Oreo June 2018 Security Patch file given in this guide is working with the Galaxy A5 (2017) model number A520F only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants. Verify the model number of your phone first by navigating to Settings -> About Phone.
How to Check / Upgrade Software Update on Galaxy A5 (2017)?
- To check the latest software update on your Galaxy A5 (2017), navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Galaxy A5 (2017). The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
This was the method to upgrade your device via OTA and if you want to manually download the latest Android 8.0 Oreo Official Update then connect to a strong Wi-Fi network. You can also download and install the OTA firmware on the Galaxy A5 (2017) using ODIN Software manually. We have given the link to download the stock firmware and installation instructions below.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017).
- Install USB Drivers for Android Devices on your PC.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down + Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Download Mode.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installation.
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update your device manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy A5 (2017).
How to Update Galaxy A5 (2017) to XXU4CREF Android 8.0 Oreo June 2018 Security Patch via Odin:
Follow the given guide to install XXU4CREF Android 8.0 Oreo June 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy A5 (2017) using Odin:
Done! You have successfully installed XXU4CREF Android 8.0 Oreo June 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy A5 (2017) based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while updating your Galaxy A5 (2017) to the latest Android stock firmware.