How To Install TWRP Recovery and Root OnePlus 6T: Recently the Chinese manufacturer launched his new budget phone, Oneplus 6T. If you are the owner of this latest flagship and wish to perform modifications such as custom ROMs/Kernels and mods or use root-enabled apps. Here, we share a detailed guide on how to install TWRP recovery, root Oneplus 6T and unlock Bootloader. One thing is good in OnePlus devices that these devices are always supported by the developer community.
OnePlus devices are straightforward in term of bootloader unlocking and OnePlus 6T kernel source made available on the day of release. Most of the users would be very happy with the built-in software, but today we are talking about those users they would like to break past from the manufacturer has provided.
There are many ways to take full power of your OnePlus 6T phone like install custom ROMs/kernels/mods, use apps that require root permissions, hide root from apps like Pokemon and so on. But the basic and simple way to access power is a custom recovery such as TWRP custom recovery. It allows you to flash ZIP packages but also helps you to root OnePlus 6 using solutions. By following this simple step by step guide you can easily install TWRP recovery and root Oneplus 6T or unlock Bootloader.
The Oneplus 6T was launched in 2018 in the market and come with Qualcomm Snapdragon 845 processor. The smartphone brings 6/8 GB of RAM along with identical except the fingerprint sensor that has been entirely disposed of. Keep in mind while rooting Oneplus 6T or Unlock Bootloader you are not going to lose the warranty. But I highly recommend keeping your data save before proceeding. If you are interested in root Oneplus 6T and install TWRP custom recovery or unlock Bootloader then go ahead and follow the given steps below.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Oneplus 6T using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Oneplus 6T
- You can always take FULL NANDROID Backup in case of any modding or flashing.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Oneplus 6T.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Oneplus 6T.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Oneplus 6T
Remember this guide is to install TWRP Recovery on Oneplus 6T, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device. Before flashing recovery, please read and install the required drivers and software on your PC.
Download Required Files
- TWRP Recovery (twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.86_op6.img)
- TWRP Recovery (twrp-3.2.3-x_blu_spark_v9.86_op6.zip)
- Magisk Tool
- This Guide is to Install TWRP Recovery on Oneplus 6T
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Oneplus 6T.
- You need either a Laptop or PC.
- Download Chainfire Super SU.zip
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Download Latest OnePlus 6T USB Drivers
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.
How to Root OnePlus 6T:
To root your phone, you need either a supported TWRP Recovery or any rooting apps. With the help of rooting apps, you can root Oneplus 6T without PC/Computer. Here in this guide we already have a supported TWRP Recovery so I will guide here to flash the superSU or Magisk to root your phone. Before rooting, let’s understand What is rooting in Android Phone?
What Does Rooting Mean?
Rooting doesn’t mean hacking. So please don’t compare the term hacking to rooting. In fact, it is not true at all. Well, Rooting for Android means nothing but jailbreaking the device to get access to the root directory of your android mobile. This means you are removing the restrictions and limitations from your Android Phone or Tablet to perform unperformable tasks.
By Rooting Oneplus 6T, you are injecting a file known as SU binary to the root of your phone. Technically Speaking, Rooting Any Android Phone will void the brand warranty but don’t worry, you can unroot or restore your device at any time without any issues.
The advantages of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Oneplus 6T, even the files which present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Oneplus 6T by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking Oneplus 6T.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Oneplus 6T.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game related applications.
- By Rooting Oneplus 6T, you can View, Edit or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Guide to Root:
Here is the guide on how to root the Oneplus 6T smartphone. Make sure to download either SuperSU or Magisk to root your phone.
I hope this guide was helpful to root and install TWRP Recovery on Oneplus 6T. Any queries, you can leave a comment down below.