Install OmniROM On Huawei P9 Plus Android 9.0 Pie Custom Firmware
Install OmniROM on Huawei P9 Plus based Android 9.0 Pie. This is the latest custom ROM which is based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project). This latest OmniROM comes with many features, customization, and enhancement and so on. Now the good news is that OmniROM custom firmware based on Android 9.0 Pie is available for Huawei P9 Plus. All credit goes to the developer and Omni ROM team which built this amazing custom ROM for Huawei P9 Plus. Now you can install OmniROM on Huawei P9 Plus based Android 9.0 Pie by following given instructions carefully. The OmniROM comes with all the Android 9.0 Pie features. And also brings some unique features like Roadrunner mode, Daydream enhancements, Multi-workspace, 3D depth Phase Beam, Multi-window, Flippable Quick Settings and so on.
The Huawei P9 Plus was launched in April 2016. The device runs Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS out of the box. Later upgraded to Android 7.0 Nougat. There is no news about the official Android Pie stock firmware. So here we share a detailed guide on how to install OmniROM on Huawei P9 Plus based Android 9.0 Pie. Your device must unlock bootloader and already install the latest TWRP custom recovery. Otherwise, you can’t install OmniROM on Huawei P9 Plus based Android 9.0 Pie. This ROM is still under development stage, so you may face some bugs and errors. The stable version comes soon be patient. But the good things are that you can get the experience of latest Android Pie OS in your own device.
The OmniROM brings all the official features of Android 9.0 Pie such as Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Android Dashboard which Google calls paDigital Wellbeing and much more. Doesn’t forget to take the full backup of all your important data before proceeding. If you are interested in installing OmniROM on Huawei P9 Plus based Android 9.0 Pie then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Please note that this guide containing the OmniROM Android 9.0 Pie ROM Custom Firmware file is compatible with Huawei P9 Plus only. Do not try to flash this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
UnlockRoot.net will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Huawei P9 Plus phone by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers for your Huawei P9 Plus device on your PC.
If the TWRP custom recovery is not yet installed on your phone yet then you’ll need to install TWRP first.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Required Files to Download:
Steps to Install OmniROM Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei P9 Plus:
1. First of all, download the ROM and Google Apps package zipped files for your device from the above given links on the desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your phone to the PC using its USB data cable.
Note: If the Android USB Drivers are correctly installed, then PC will recognize the device; otherwise re-install USB Drivers on the PC.
3. Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sdCard on your phone.
4. After the transferring process completes, boot your device into the TWRP Recovery. Here you can find a detailed guide on
5. Now, follow the given guide to install OmniROM Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei P9 Plus.
6. Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
7. Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
If you want to get root access on your phone then you can easily root Huawei P9 Plus with Magisk within a few minutes.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install OmniROM Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei P9 Plus.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble related to the above guide.