Install OmniROM On Huawei MediaPad M5 Android 9.0 Pie ROM
Install OmniROM on Huawei MediaPad M5 based Android 9.0 Pie. Many developers have built the latest custom ROM known as OmniROM. This is the latest custom ROM which is based on AOSP (Android Open Source Project). This latest OmniROM comes with many features, customization, and enhancement and so on. Now the good news is that OmniROM custom firmware based on Android 9.0 Pie is available for Huawei MediaPad M5. All credit goes to the developer and Omni ROM team which built this amazing custom ROM for Huawei MediaPad M5. Now you can install OmniROM on Huawei MediaPad M5 based Android 9.0 Pie by following given instructions carefully. The OmniROM comes with all the Android 9.0 Pie features. And also brings some unique features like Roadrunner mode, Daydream enhancements, Multi-workspace, 3D depth Phase Beam, Multi-window, Flippable Quick Settings and so on.
The Huawei MediaPad M5 was launched in November 2016. The device run Android 7.0 Nougat OS out of the box. Later upgraded to Android 8.0 Oreo. There is no news about the official Android Pie update. So here we share a detailed guide on how to install OmniROM on Huawei MediaPad M5 based Android 9.0 Pie. Your device must unlock bootloader and already install the latest TWRP custom recovery. Otherwise, you can’t install OmniROM on Huawei MediaPad M5 based Android 9.0 Pie. This ROM is still under development stage, so you may face some bugs and errors. The stable version comes soon be patient. But the good things is that you can get the experience of latest Android Pie OS in your own device.
The OmniROM brings all the official features of Android 9.0 Pie such as Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing and much more. Doesn’t forget to take the full backup of all your important data before proceeding. If you are interested in installing OmniROM on Huawei MediaPad M5 based Android 9.0 Pie then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Please note that this guide containing the OmniROM Android 9.0 Pie ROM Custom Firmware file is compatible with Huawei MediaPad M5 only. Do not try to flash this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
UnlockRoot.net will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Huawei MediaPad M5 phone by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers for your Huawei MediaPad M5 device on your PC.
If the TWRP custom recovery is not yet installed on your phone yet then you’ll need to install TWRP first.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Required Files to Download:
Steps to Install OmniROM Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei MediaPad M5:
1. First of all, download the ROM and Google Apps package zipped files for your device from the above given links on the desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your phone to the PC using its USB data cable.
Note: If the Android USB Drivers are correctly installed, then PC will recognize the device; otherwise re-install USB Drivers on the PC.
3. Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sdCard on your phone.
4. After the transferring process completes, boot your device into the TWRP Recovery. Here you can find a detailed guide on
5. Now, follow the given guide to install OmniROM Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei MediaPad M5.
6. Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
7. Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
If you want to get root access on your phone then you can easily root Huawei MediaPad M5 with Magisk within a few minutes.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install OmniROM Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei MediaPad M5.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble related to the above guide.