Install AOSP Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM On Xperia Z5 Premium Dual
If you want to install the Android Nougat OS on your Xperia Z5 Premium Dual and to look the stable custom ROM, then you are at the right place. In this detailed guide, we are sharing a very special AOSP custom ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat. This latest custom ROM comes with fully stock Android experience so don’t expect anything fancy. The Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom firmware brings a considerable amount of new features as well as some aftermarket features to modify and tweaks your device.
This ROM is not officially announced by Sony but just a custom ROM which is developed by third-party developers. Make sure that your device must be rooted and installed with the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM (ClockworkMod) to flash this AOSP custom ROM on Xperia Z5 Premium Dual.
By following this step by step guide, you can update Xperia Z5 Premium Dual to AOSP Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM. This custom firmware brings many new features, improvements, customizations and changes for your device, and you can use it as a daily driver. Official firmware is excellent but custom ROMs give you more features, improved performance and many other tweaks that are not possible to get in the official firmware. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take a full backup of all your valuable data as while flashing AOSP ROM your entire data will be wiped clean. If you are interested in installing AOSP Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM on Xperia Z5 Premium Dual, then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing AOSP Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM is working with Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual only. Verify device model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
AndroidXDA.net will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual during or after the installation of this AOSP Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM. You will lose the warranty of your device by flashing this software. Proceed at your risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Take a complete backup of all your data and setting on your phone like contacts, call logs, SMS, MMS, internet settings, installed apps, photos and audio/videos files, etc.
- Turn OFF the Antivirus and other security features from your computer to avoid unexpected issues while downloading the firmware and installation.
- Download and install Xperia Z5 Premium Dual USB Drivers on your PC.
- Enable USB Debugging option on your Xperia Z5 Premium Dual by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- (Note: – Go to Settings-About Phone and tap on Built Number for a few times to enable Developer Options)
- The battery level of your Xperia Z5 Premium Dual should be at least about 70% before proceeding to the installation guide.
- The Xperia Z5 Premium Dual device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery pre-installed.
- Download AOSP Android 7.1.1 ROM for Xperia Z5 Premium Dual
- Download Google Apps for Android 7.1.1 Nougat
Steps to Update Sony Xperia Z5 Premium Dual to AOSP Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM:
Step No 1: – First, download the AOSP Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM from the above links on the desktop of your PC. (Do not extract)
Step No 2: – Now connect your Xperia Z5 Premium Dual to PC using its USB data cable and mount the Memory Storage of the phone.
Step No 3: – Copy/paste the Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM .zip file to the root folder of your SD Card on the phone.
Step No 4: – Disconnect the device from the PC and boot into Recovery Mode [How To?].
Step No 5: – While your device is now recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache.
Note:- Wipe Dalvik Cache will help you to prevent boot loops and issues related to ROM while installation.
Step No 6: – Next, navigate to the main menu of Recovery and choose install zip from sd card > choose zip from sd card. Find the ROM .zip file that you’ve already transferred to the SD Card of your phone in Step No 3. Just select it and confirm the installation of AOSP Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM file to begin.
Step No 7: – Install Google Apps Package by repeating the above steps on your Xperia Z5 Premium Dual.
Step No 8: – After flashing the ROM on the phone successfully, reboot it by selecting reboot system now.
Your device may take some time to boot for the first time after the installation. So be patient and wait for the process to be completed.
That’s All! You’ve successfully installed the Android 7.1.1 Nougat Custom ROM on Xperia Z5 Premium Dual.