Guide To Install Android Q Beta 3 On Essential phone [Developer Preview]
Download and install Android Q beta 3 on Essential phone: Google released the latest Android Q beta 3 OS for all Google Pixel phones. Also, the Android Q beta 3 update supports the 15 other phones from manufacturers. This is the largest swath of devices which receive the official Android Q beta software yet now.
So the good news is that the Essential phone smartphone is in the list of among those devices which received the Android Q official update. Now you can download and install Android Q beta 3 on Essential phone and get the experience of the latest Android OS on your own device.
Here we share a simple and easy step by step guide on how to download and install Android Q beta 3 on Essential phone. The latest Android OS comes with lots of new features, improvements, and customizations. With the launching of Android, Q Google focuses on the features such as Focus Mode to prevent apps from opening, Incognito mode for Maps, 5G Network, Notification Assist, Digital Wellbeing, Vulkan 1.1 and ANGLE, Neural Networks API 1.2 and much more. Also, Google has included innovation, security, privacy, edge-to-edge screens, on-device AI, digital wellbeing and so on.
Given below we share a direct link of Android Q file, through that you can just download and install Android Q beta 3 on Essential phone. By following our given below detailed guide. We are highly recommended you to keep updated your Android device to the latest Android OS which is released by Google. This is beta release; Android Q is likely more stable than it has ever been. So you may face some bugs but after installing you can enjoy all the features of Android Q OS on your device.
Not necessary but it is better to take the full backup of all your phone valuable data before proceeding. If you are interested in downloading and installing the Android Q beta 3 on Essential phone. Then go ahead and follow the given steps.
- Essential PH-1 running on the latest stock firmware.
- A Windows, Mac or Linux computer with ADB and Fastboot installed on it.
- A working USB cable.
- Enable USB Debugging on your phone.
Enroll in the beta and download the update
Go to the Essential beta builds the page and scroll down towards the bottom of the page. Enter your email address in the text field, and click Agree. Checking the box next to Yes, that is opting for receiving developer updates is an optional choice.
- Android 10.0 – Beta 3 – PQ1A.190404.051 OTA Update
- Android 10.0 – Beta 3 – PQ1A.190404.051 Fastboot ROM
Steps To Install Android Q beta 3 on Essential phone:
- Launch adb on your PC. Mac and Linux users can simply launch the terminal to do this. Windows users will need to navigate to the adb installation folder and open command prompt in the folder. To open a command prompt in a folder, open the folder, type cmd in the address bar and hit enter.
- Connect your phone to the PC with a USB cable and make sure the connection is proper. Allow USB Debugging if asked.
- Boot your phone into recovery mode by pushing the following adb command.
adb reboot recovery
- When the phone boots into recovery mode, you will see a screen with a bugdroid and a red exclamation mark. Hold the Power button, then press the Volume Up button one time. When the menu appears, select Apply update from ADB.
- Now enter the command below and it will return the name of your device. Make sure the word sideload appears next to it.
- Use the following command to sideload the update zip.
adb sideload <path to>PH1-OTA-OPM1.170911.130.zip
Replace the text in green, i.e. <path to>, with the path to the update file. For instance, if you placed the file on your desktop on a Windows PC, the command you enter should be:
adb sideload C:\Users\username\Desktop\PH1-OTA-OPM1.170911.130.zip
- The update will take a while to get installed and once it does, select Reboot system now to reboot your phone.