Guide To Install Android Pie Update On Galaxy Note 8 Based One UI
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 finally started getting the stable official Android Pie update. Now you can install Android Pie update on Galaxy Note 8 by following detailed guide. After 4 beta releases update, Samsung has finally rolled out the Android Pie One UI Update for Galaxy Note 8. This is a major update for Galaxy Note 8 which should be breath of fresh air for the phone in terms of performance.
The Android Pie update comes with build id number N950FXXU5DSB2 for the Exynos Galaxy Note 8 along with latest February 2019 security patch. Now the users of Galaxy Note 8 will be happy because now they can install Android Pie update on Galaxy Note 8. Here we share a simple step by step guide on how to download and install Android Pie update on Galaxy Note 8.
Nowadays Samsung is very busy to releasing the stable official Android Pie firmware for his latest devices. So after releasing the update for Galaxy S9/S9+ and Note 9, now rolling out the stable Android Pie-based One UI for Galaxy Note 8. The most recent update is rolling out via OTA, so not all users can get the update at the same time. If you are excited and can’t wait until the update reaches in your region, then you can install Android Pie update on Galaxy Note 8 manually by using the Odin tool.
The Odin is a tool which is developed by Samsung officially which is used to install official stock firmware on Samsung devices. The Android Pie OTA update comes with all the Pie features but also it brings a complete refresh of Samsung’s stock skin.
The Android Pie update for Galaxy Note 8 is a stable update and can be smoothly run on your device. The size of the update is about 571 MB, given below we share the link through that you can just download and install Android Pie update for Galaxy Note 8. If you are interested in installing Android Pie update for Galaxy Note 8 then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Please note that N950FXXU5DSB2 Android Pie Official Update file given in this guide is working with the Galaxy Note 8 model number N950F only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants. Verify the model number of your phone first by navigating to Settings -> About Phone.
How To Check / Upgrade Software Update on Galaxy Note 8?
- To check the latest software update on your Galaxy Note 8, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Galaxy Note 8. The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
This was the method to upgrade your device via OTA and if you want to manually download the latest Android Pie Official Update then connect to a strong Wi-Fi network. You can also download and install the OTA firmware on the Galaxy Note 8 using ODIN Software manually. We have given the link to download the stock firmware and installation instructions below.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- Install USB Drivers for Android Devices on your PC.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down + Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Download Mode.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installation.
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update your device manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
- Download OTA Update For Galaxy Note 8 (Region: ORX): Download link | Mirror
- Download OTA Update For Galaxy Note 8 (Region: BGL): Download link | Mirror
How to Install Android Pie Update On Galaxy Note 8 One UI Official
Firmware Using ODIN:
Follow the given guide to install N950FXXU5DSB2 Android Pie Official Update for Galaxy Note 8 using Odin:
Done! You have successfully installed N950FXXU5DSB2 Android Pie Official Update on Galaxy Note 8 based on Android Pie.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while updating your Galaxy Note 8 to the latest Android stock firmware.