Guide To Install Android 9.0 Pie Update For Nokia 5.1 Plus [Official Stable Firmware]
HMD started rolling out the Android 9.0 Pie update for Nokia 5.1 Plus. Now the Nokia 5.1 Plus users will be happy because they can get the experience of the latest Android OS on their own device officially. Here we share a quite simple and easy step by step guide on how to install Android 9.0 Pie update for Nokia 5.1 Plus. The Nokia 5.1 Plus was launched in August and comes with 5.9-inch display with notch and 19:9 aspect ratio.
The smartphone is powered by MediaTek Helio P60, along with 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. The Nokia 5.1 Plus has dual rear camera 13 MP and 5MP. The Nokia 5.1 Plus is running on Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. Now the time to install Android 9.0 Pie update for Nokia 5.1 Plus.
As we all know that Nokia is getting back in the business of smartphones. Now the Nokia is releasing Android official updates very fast across all the OEMs around the world. After installing the Android 9.0 Pie update for Nokia 5.1 Plus, you can enjoy all the Android P features such as improved notification drop-down, the new gesture navigation system, better battery endurance, utilize better Settings menu, new power and Settings menu, screenshot buttons, Lockdown and much more.
The HMD Global rolling out the Android Pie update via OTA, in phase wise and soon will be reached in all region. So if you are excited and still not received any notification of new update then you can install it manually by using the Odin tool.
Please note that Android 9 Pie update given in this guide is working with the Nokia 5.1 Plus only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants. Verify the model number of your phone first by navigating to Settings -> About Phone.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Nokia 5.1 Plus.
- Install USB Drivers for Android Devices on your PC.
- You need to Enter Nokia Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down + Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when the Nokia phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Download Mode.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installation.
Download Nokia 5.1 Plus Android Pie OTA Firmware (Link Update Soon)
How to Install Android 9.0 Pie Update For Nokia 5.1 Plus [Official Stock Firmware]:
Follow the given guide to update Nokia 5.1 Plus to Android 9 Pie update:
- Download Android Pie OTA package for your Nokia 5.1 Plus.
- For Nokia 5.1 Plus, rename the downloaded package to “update.zip“.
- Next, connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Transfer the OTA package to the root (Outside all folders) of the phone’s storage.
- Open the dialer app on your phone and enter the following:
- Ensure that your phone has the latest Android 8.1 Oreo firmware installed.
- Once confirmed, enter the following code in the dialer to install Nokia 5.1 Plus Android Pie update:
- The installation process will begin immediately.
- After the update is finished, your phone will reboot and the OTA package will be deleted from the internal storage automatically.
When your phone boots back into the OS, it shall be upgraded and running Android Pie. So go ahead and explore all the new features on your Nokia handset.
Done! You have successfully update Nokia 5.1 Plus to Android 9 Pie official stock firmware.