Guide To Install Android 9.0 Pie On Moto G5 Plus ArrowOS Custom ROM
The Android 9.0 Pie OS is now live for Moto G5 Plus. Today we share a complete guide on how to install Android 9.0 Pie on Moto G5 Plus. The Moto G5 Plus is one of the best budget smartphones, it is ranking in the best Motorola phones of last year. But the bad news is that there is no plan for Android Pie on Moto G5 Plus officially by Motorola. After launching the Moto G5 Plus received the major official update Android 8.1 Oreo.
A quite disappointing about the Android 9.0 Pie OS that there is no plan to upgrade Moto G5 Plus by Motorola. But Moto G5 Plus users no need to worry about that, here we come with a working ArrowOS custom ROM which is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Now you can get the experience of the latest Android OS on your own device.
By following given below step by step guide, you can easily and quickly install Android 9.0 Pie on Moto G5 Plus. All thanks to XDA Developer community and ArrowOS team which build this amazing custom ROM. Once you can install Android 9.0 Pie on Moto G5 Plus custom firmware then you test all the features and customization of Android Pie.
The ArrowOS custom firmware brings all the official features of Android Pie like notifications, gesture navigation, better AI-based battery management, revamped Settings, new power, and Settings menu, QS panel is the visual changes. The update also brings the digital wellbeing feature to ensure the user is using the device efficiently and much more. Keep in mind in order to install Android 9.0 Pie on Moto G5 Plus. Your device should be rooted and already install with latest TWRP custom recovery.
The important step before proceeding to take the full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing Android 9.0 Pie on Moto G5 Plus ArrowOS custom firmware then go ahead and follow the given instructions.
Please note that this guide containing the ArrowOS Android 9.0 Pie ROM Custom Firmware file is compatible with Moto G5 Plus only. Do not try to flash this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
UnlockRoot.net will not responsible for any kind of damage that occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Moto G5 Plus phone by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers for your Moto G5 Plus device on your PC.
If the TWRP custom recovery is not yet installed on your phone yet then you’ll need to install TWRP first.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Required Files to Download:
- Download ArrowOS for Moto G5 Plus (Android 9.0 Pie)
- VoLTE fix (required with this ROM)
- Download Google Apps
Steps to Install Android 9.0 Pie on Moto G5 Plus ArrowOS ROM:
1. First of all, download the ROM and Google Apps package zipped files for your device from the above given links on the desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your phone to the PC using its USB data cable.
Note: If the Android USB Drivers are correctly installed, then PC will recognize the device; otherwise re-install USB Drivers on the PC.
3. Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sdCard on your phone.
4. After the transferring process completes, boot your device into the TWRP Recovery. Here you can find a detailed guide on
5. Now, follow the given guide to install ArrowOS Android 9.0 Pie ROM on your device.
6. Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
7. Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
If you want to get root access on your phone then you can easily root Moto G5 Plus with Magisk within a few minutes.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install
Android 9.0 Pie on Moto G5 Plus via ArrowOS custom firmware.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble related to the above guide.