Flash Android 6.0.1 BeanStalk Marshmallow Custom ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100
Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100 is one of the old Samsung’s flagship device but these smartphones might not receive the latest Android OS updates via OTA from the company. However, thanks to the custom ROM developers that the BeanStalk Marshmallow Custom ROM are now available for the Galaxy S2 that provides the stock Android UI and animations so that you can get the core and most immersive Android experience. Official ROMs are usually good but if you want to taste tons of extra functions and features then go ahead and follow the given guide to install BeanStalk Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S2.
BeanStalk Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM is based on CM13 build which has a lot of features to play with and customise your device according to your need. If you want to update Galaxy S2 I9100 to BeanStalk Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom firmware then go ahead and follow the given guide. Keep in mind that this is a custom ROM which is not officially released by Samsung and is based on the latest AOSP release and you’ll need the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP already installed on your device to flash the ROM and Google Apps .zip files.
BeanStalk Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM Details:
- CyanogenMod 13 based
- Built in Task Manager switcher
- OnTheGo Mode
- App Circle bar
- System UI Tuner
- Quicker system animations
- Trimmed down fat and excess bloat
- Option to enable all widgets
- Numerous extra lockscreen options
- LCD Density
- Custom original BeanStalk Wallpapers by skyliner33v
- Custom BeanStalk bootanimation by skyliner33v
- 3-minit battery support
- Clock and date options
- Contextual Header – Original and Polygraphic
- Battery styles – Includes specific colors and styles. Also includes battery bar
- Do not disturb option
- Show notification count
- Recent screen options
- Customizable navigation bar
- Use Omniswitch as default recents
- Built-in screen record
- Toast animations
- App Circle bar
- Gesture Anywhere
- Disable FC warnings
- Disable Immersive message
- Force expanded Notifications
- Configure scrolling cache
- Build.prop MOD options to enable/disable tweaks as preferred
- Less frequent Notification sounds options
- CRT screen off/on options to specify how the animation shows
- Enable/disable wake up on charge option
- Superuser fully embedded into the build and accessed from settingsmenu
- CM Performance options and features
- Hide superuser icon
- Developer options and advanced reboot enabled by default
- Numerous cherry-picks and improvements throughout the build.. baked into the
- awesomeness of existing CM layout.
- Numerous other options hidding throughout the build.
This BeanStalk Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom firmware is working with Samsung Galaxy S2 I9100. Do not install it on any other device or incorrect variant. Check the model number of your phone before going ahead.
Things To Remember:
Data Backup: Take a full backup of all your important data and settings like contacts, pictures, videos, music before proceeding to the rooting instructions.
Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S2.
Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Development Options > USB debugging.
Samsung Galaxy S2 must be rooted, unlocked and installed with a recovery tool like TWRP or CWM.
Make sure that the battery level of your Samsung Galaxy S2 should be at least about 60-70 charged to avoid unexpected shutdowns during the rooting process.
Steps to Install BeanStalk Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100:
Step No 1:- Download the BeanStalk Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow (BeanStalk-6.17-20160606-i9100.zip) custom firmware on the desktop of your PC for Galaxy S2 from the above link. Do not unzip the firmware zipped file.
Step No 2:- Plug the phone to the PC via its USB data cable.
Step No 3:- Transfer the BeanStalk Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom ROM .zip file to the root folder on SD card of your phone.
Step No 4:- After transferring ROM file, unplug the USB cord and turn it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5:- Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
Step No 6:- While your Galaxy S2 is in Recovery Mode, perform wipe data tasks by navigating to the main menu of recovery and choose wipe data / factory reset and confirm the process.
Step No 7:- Now, go back to Recovery menu and select choose zip from sdcard -> Install zip from sdcard. Find the Android 6.0.1 Galaxy S2 custom ROM file that you have already downloaded it in Step No 1. Confirm the flashing process to begin.
Step No 8:- Once again, go back to main recovery menu and reboot your Galaxy S2 into the new custom ROM. Your device may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first after installation.
Step No 9:- Repeat the above process to install Google Apps package on your smartphone.
That’s All! You’ve successfully installed BeanStalk Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow Custom ROM on Galaxy S2 I9100.
Tell us in the comments area below about your experience with this Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow custom firmware for Samsung Galaxy S2.