How To Install Huawei Honor 5X Lineage OS 15.1 Custom ROM: Today, in this article we are sharing a guide to flash the latest Lineage OS 15.1 custom firmware for Honor 5X. If you are the owner of Honor 5X and want to enjoy all Android Oreo features on your own device, then the wait is over. The Honor 5X started receiving the official Lineage OS 15.1 custom firmware. This latest custom ROM is an official and stable version which is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Follow the given step-by-step guide on how to install Lineage OS 15.1 on Huawei Honor 5X. The Lineage OS is one of the most popular custom ROMs among the Android community.
The company announced Honor 5X in October 2015. The device comes with Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and later upgraded to Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Now the time to install Lineage OS 15.1 on Huawei Honor 5X via custom ROM. So if you want to breathe a new life on your device then the custom ROM is a great way. The stock firmware is always good but custom firmware runs better on your device. Also, it gives you some extra features and customizations. This latest custom firmware comes with a bunch of new features like New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes, Advanced Doze Mode, Auto Fill Password, Picture in Picture mode, New Android O Emoji style and much more.
Install Lineage OS 15.1 On Huawei Honor 5X
Keep in mind, in order to install Lineage OS 15.1 on Huawei Honor 5X, the bootloader must be unlocked on your device and have the latest version of a TWRP custom recovery pre-installed on your Honor 5X. This latest custom ROM is an official build, so it should run smoothly on your device without any problem. While installing Lineage OS 15.1 on Huawei Honor 5X, your entire data will be wiped clean. So take proper backup of all your important data before proceeding. If you are interested in installing Lineage OS 15.1 on Huawei Honor 5X then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Please note that this guide containing the Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM Custom Firmware file is compatible with Huawei Honor 5X only. Do not try to flash this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
UnlockRoot.net will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Huawei Honor 5X phone by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers for your Huawei Honor 5X device on your PC.
If the TWRP custom recovery is not yet installed on your phone yet then you’ll need to install TWRP first.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Required Files to Download:
Steps to Install Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei Honor 5X:
1. First of all, download the ROM and Google Apps package zipped files for your device from the above given links on the desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your phone to the PC using its USB data cable.
3. Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sdCard on your phone.
4. After the transferring process completes, boot your device into the TWRP Recovery. Here you can find a detailed guide on
5. Now, follow the given guide to install Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei Honor 5X.
6. Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
7. Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
If you want to get root access on your phone then you can easily root Huawei Honor 5X with Magisk within a few minutes.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Lineage OS 15.1 Android 8.1 Oreo on Huawei Honor 5X.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble related to the above guide.