Download Android 8.1 Oreo dotOS 2.3 for Xiaomi Redmi 4X (Android P Look)
Download Android 8.1 Oreo dotOS 2.3 for Xiaomi Redmi 4X (Android P Look): Xiaomi Redmi 4X is a mid-range Xiaomi flagship device that came with Android Marshmallow out of the box in May 2017. If you have own this awesome device then we’ve some good news for you that you can now install the latest Android 8.1 Oreo to enjoy amazing features of Oreo and Android P look. This update is possible via dotOS 2.3 custom ROM.
If you are aware of the benefits of custom ROMs then you’ll love this ROM on your device to get a new style and features. Custom ROMs brings the most powerful tools to improve the performance of Android devices. Today, we are sharing a detailed guide containing the hardware specifications of Xiaomi Redmi 4X and instructions on How to install Android 8.1 Oreo dotOS 2.3 for Xiaomi Redmi 4X with Android P Look.
After installing the new Android 8.1 Oreo dotOS 2.3 for Xiaomi Redmi 4X custom ROM, you’ll get a lot of features, customization options, improve the menu, icons, make changes to the interface and much more. There are many custom ROMs available in the Android market. Some of them are Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, Viper OS, and dotOS which are the top rated and popular custom ROMs.
That you can flash on your Android device to get much of it. In order to install a custom, you must root your device. As rooting requires a TWRP then we’ll help you through all the installation process. Proceed to easily flash a custom recovery like TWRP on your Redmi 4X to get root access.
The process to root Android phones is easy and simple as compared to iOS jailbreaking. Custom ROMs are the modified Android Operating system developed by Android developers having those features that you can’t find on the stock firmware build. There are a lot of things that you can do after rooting, such as installing custom ROMs, Mods, and kernels. Most custom ROMs are well optimized for battery and performance. If you are interested then follow the given guide to Download Android 8.1 Oreo dotOS 2.3 for Xiaomi Redmi 4X with Android P Look.
Have a quick look on the specification of Xiaomi Redmi 4X before going ahead to install Android 8.1 Oreo dotOS 2.3 on Xiaomi Redmi 4X. It’s comes equipped with a 5.0-inch IPS LCD display screen with HD resolution of 1280x720p. The Xiaom Redmi 4X is powered by a Qualcomm MSM8940 Snapdragon 435 chipset, an Octa-Core 1.4GHz Cortex-A53 processor, 2/3/4 GB RAM, and 16/32/64 GB ROM. As we have already mentioned that this phone comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box. It has a non-removable 4100mAh battery. Now the time to flash Android 8.1 Oreo dotOS 2.3 on Xiaomi Redmi 4X.
What’s New in dotOS 2.3
- Redesigned settings and QS panel
- Full OMS support
- Colour Engine Support
Please note that this guide containing the Android 8.1 Oreo dotOS 2.3 Custom Firmware file is compatible with Xiaomi Redmi 4X only. Do not try to flash this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
UnlockRoot.net will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Xiaomi Redmi 4X phone by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers for your Xiaomi Redmi 4X device on your PC.
If the TWRP custom recovery is not yet installed on your phone yet then you’ll need to install TWRP first.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Required Files to Download:
Steps to Install Android 8.1 Oreo dotOS 2.3 ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 4X:
- First of all, download the ROM and Google Apps package zipped files for your device from the above given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your phone to the PC using its USB data cable.
Note: If the Android USB Drivers are correctly installed, then PC will recognize the device; otherwise re-install USB Drivers on the PC.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sdCard on your phone.
- After the transferring process completes, boot your device into the TWRP Recovery. Here you can find a detailed guide on
- Now, follow the given guide to install Android 8.1 Oreo dotOS 2.3 ROM on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
- Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
If you want to get root access on your phone then you can easily root Xiaomi Redmi 4X with Magisk within a few minutes.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Android 8.1 Oreo dotOS 2.3 ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 4X.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble related to the above guide.