Download G935FXXU2ERE8 April 2018 Security Update for Galaxy S7 Edge
Download G935FXXU2ERE8 April 2018 Security Update for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (SM-G935F): Samsung has recently started rolling out the latest April 2018 security patch update for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. After upgrading Galaxy S7 Edge to the latest firmware, the build number will move to G935FXXU2ERE8. The update contains some of high and moderate-risk vulnerabilities fixes. We highly recommend updating Android OS to the latest firmware updates to keep safe your device from vulnerabilities and malware. G935FXXU2ERE8 April 2018 Security Update is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and we have given a detailed guide on how to download and install G935FXXU2ERE8 April 2018 Security Update on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
The Android 8.0 Oreo G935FXXU2ERE8 April 2018 Security Update is available through OTA (over-the-air) in some regions. Check software update on unlocked Galaxy S7 Edge and hit the download to upgrade your device to April 2018 Security Patch G935FXXU2ERE8 on the availability. As the OTA update arrives phase-wise and will soon reach every user running on Stock OEM firmware. Still, if the update has not yet reached in your region then you can manually install Android 8.0 Oreo April 2018 Security update on Galaxy S7 Edge. The firmware update comes with a few other software related issues from Samsung. Now proceed to check for the software update manually on the Galaxy S7 Edge.
- PDA: G935FXXU2ERE8
- CSC: G935FTEB2ERE8
- CHANGELIST: 13438344
- BUILD DATE: 11.05.2018
- Android security patch level: 01.04.2018
Please note that G935FXXU2ERE8 April 2018 Security Update file given in this guide is working with the Galaxy S7 Edge model number G935F only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants. Verify the model number of your phone first by navigating to Settings -> About Phone.
How To Check / Upgrade Software Update on Galaxy S7 Edge?
- To check the latest software update on your Galaxy S7 Edge, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Galaxy S7 Edge. The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
This was the method to upgrade your device via OTA and if you want to manually download the latest April 2018 security patch then connect to a strong Wi-Fi network. You can also download and install the OTA firmware on the Galaxy S7 Edge using ODIN Software manually. We have given the link to download the stock firmware and installation instructions below.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
- Install USB Drivers for Android Devices on your PC.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down, Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Recovery mode.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installation.
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update your device manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.
Steps: Install G935FXXU2ERE8 April 2018 Security Update on Galaxy S7 Edge using ODIN:
Follow the given guide to install G935FXXU2ERE8 April 2018 Security for Galaxy S7 Edge using Odin:
Done! You have successfully installed G935FXXU2ERE8 April 2018 Security Patch Update on Galaxy S7 Edge based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while updating your Galaxy S7 Edge to the latest Android stock firmware.