Install dotOS 2.3 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 3S (Android P Look)
Download / Install dotOS 2.3 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 3S (Android P Look): Xiaomi Redmi 3S (Codenamed: land) is one of most popular mid-range Xiaomi flagship devices that comes with highly advanced features. Xiaomi becomes one of the top brands all over the world in a short time. Xiaomi is busy to regularly improve the performances of its smartphones, although Xiaomi has a world-class UI. If you have Xiaomi Redmi 3S then you can easily enjoy Android 8.1 Oreo by flashing dotOS 2.3 custom ROM on it.
You may already know about rooting advantages as one of the best features of rooting is that it enables users to install custom ROMs. If you wish to enhance the overall performance of your Redmi 3S, enjoy better battery life, try new UI, customization options with a lot of features then follow the given guide. In the given guide, we’ll help to install TWRP Recovery, ROM installation and then root your device (if you have not rooted). Before proceeding to the installation guide, check out the hardware specification of Xiaomi Redmi 3S.
Xiaomi Redmi 3S comes with a 5.0-inch display screen with HD resolution of 1280x720p. It has 2 GB RAM, 16 GB internal storage. Redmi 3S came packed with a Qualcomm MSM8937 Snapdragon 430 Octa-Core 1.4GHz Cortex-A53 processor, Adreno 505 GPU. The device has a non-removable 4100mAh Li-Ion battery and comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. If you are interested to taste the Android P look then go ahead and flash dotOS 2.3 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 3S.
Installing a custom ROM is highly beneficial as it instantly improves the performance of your smartphone by multiple folds. You get to choose how you want to define the interface, you get to tinker with the settings, you can delete the bloatware, and more. Today, in this post, we will be talking about Xiaomi Redmi 3S and how you can install dotOS 2.3 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM with Android P Look on it. This custom ROM is based on the source code of Android 8.1 Oreo and it comes with not only the features of Oreo firmware but a lot of exciting additional features as well.
After installing the new dotOS 2.3 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM custom ROM, you’ll get a lot of features, customization options, improve the menu, icons, make changes to the interface and much more. There are many custom ROMs available in the Android market. Some of them are Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix, Viper OS, and dotOS which are the top-rated and popular custom ROMs. That you can flash on your Android device to get much of it. In order to install a custom, you must root your device. As rooting requires a TWRP then we’ll help you through all the installation process. Proceed to easily flash a custom recovery like TWRP on your Xiaomi Redmi 3S to get root access.
The process to root Android phones is easy and simple as compared to iOS jailbreaking. Custom ROMs are the modified Android Operating system developed by Android developers having those features that you can’t find on the stock firmware build. There are a lot of things that you can do after rooting, such as installing custom ROMs, Mods, and kernels. Most custom ROMs are well optimized for battery and performance. If you are interested then follow the given guide to Download dotOS 2.3 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM for Xiaomi Redmi 3S with Android P Look.
What’s New in dotOS 2.3
- Redesigned settings and QS panel
- Full OMS support
- Colour Engine Support
Please note that this guide containing the dotOS 2.3 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM Custom Firmware file is compatible with Xiaomi Redmi 3S only. Do not try to flash this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
UnlockRoot.net will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Xiaomi Redmi 3S phone by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers for your Xiaomi Redmi 3S device on your PC.
If the TWRP custom recovery is not yet installed on your phone yet then you’ll need to install TWRP first.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Required Files to Download:
Steps to Install Oreo dotOS 2.3 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 3S:
- First of all, download the ROM and Google Apps package zipped files for your device from the above given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Connect your phone to the PC using its USB data cable.
Note: If the Android USB Drivers are correctly installed, then PC will recognize the device; otherwise re-install USB Drivers on the PC.
- Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sdCard on your phone.
- After the transferring process completes, boot your device into the TWRP Recovery. Here you can find a detailed guide on
- Now, follow the given guide to install dotOS 2.3 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM on your device.
- Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
- Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
If you want to get root access on your phone then you can easily root Xiaomi Redmi 3S with Magisk within a few minutes.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install dotOS 2.3 Android 8.1 Oreo ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 3S.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble related to the above guide.