Install crDroid Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM On Galaxy S7 SM-G930F
Here is some great news for Samsung Galaxy S7 users, now you can update your own Galaxy S7 SM-G930F variant to the latest Android 7.1.2 Nougat OS via crDroid custom ROM. Galaxy S7 users can taste the sweetness of Nougat and get the fresh Android OS experience on their devices. The crDroid custom ROM is packed with all great features, some aftermarket features, and improvements. This latest custom firmware is very stable, fast and smoothly runs on S7 devices. This ROM is not officially announced by Samsung but just a custom ROM which is developed by third-party developers. Make sure that your device is rooted and installed with the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM (ClockworkMod) to flash this crDroid custom ROM on Galaxy S7 SM-G930F.
By following this step by step guide, you can easily update your Galaxy S7 to crDroid Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM. This is a great ROM and brings lots of new features and many changes and improvements for your device. Many users have already installed and tested this crDroid Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM, reported that everything is working fine without problems on the Galaxy S7 SM-G930F. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing crDroid Android 7.1.2 Nougat custom ROM on your Galaxy S7 SM-G930F then go ahead and follow the given steps.
crDroid Custom Firmware Features:
- LineageOS – all mods and features
- StatusBar: Network Traffic
- StatusBar: SU icon toggle
- StatusBar: Ticker
- StatusBar: Hide/Show icons
- StatusBar: BatteryBar customization
- StatusBar: Battery styles
- StatusBar: Tap to Sleep
- StatusBar: Clock styles
- StatusBar: crDroid logo customization
- QuickSettings: Tiles customization
- QuickSettings: Brightness slider toggle
- QuickSettings: Optional brightness icon
- QuickSettings: Vibrate on Touch
- QuickSettings: WiFi easy toggle
- QuickSettings: Bluetooth easy toggle
- QuickSettings: Data easy toggle
- Navigation: Toggle navbar
- Navigation: PIE navigation
- Navigation: DUI – SmartBar / Fling Toggle
- Navigation: Pulse – smart visualization
- Notifications: Power notification controls
- Notifications: Force expanded notifications
- Notifications: Toggle immersive mode messages
- LockScreen: Screen shortcuts
- LockScreen: Toggle long press for screen shortcuts
- LockScreen: Swipe shortcuts
- LockScreen: Toggle media cover art
- LockScreen: Toggle clock
- LockScreen: Toggle date
- LockScreen: Toggle alarm
- LockScreen: Tap to sleep
- LockScreen: Toggle long-press torch
- LockScreen: Customize the number of notifications
- LockScreen: Toggle power menu for secure lock screen
- Recents: Immersive Recents
Recents: Hidden apps
Recents: Toggle OmniSwitch as default Recents
- Sound: Toggle screenshot sound
- Sound: Live customization for a number of volume steps
- Sound: Less frequent notification sounds
- Miscellaneous: Clock Widget
- Miscellaneous: Toggle suggestions on Settings dashboard
- Miscellaneous: Toggle summaries in Settings
- Miscellaneous: Toggle auto-start music player on headset detection
- Settings/Display: Expanded Desktop customization
- Settings/Sound: Increasing Ringtone
- 12 New Quick Settings Tiles including Caffeine mode, Expanded Desktop, and Sync.
- Settings/Security: Quick PIN/Password Unlock
- Default sounds from the latest Nexus image.
- OMS support.
- Stability and performance improvements.
The Android 7.1.2 crDroid Nougat custom ROM and instructions given in this guide can be used only for the Galaxy S7 SM-G930F. Check the model number of your Galaxy S7 from Settings > About Phone.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving on to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the Galaxy S7 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Galaxy S7 USB Drivers on the PC.
- The Galaxy S7 should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your S7 must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the Galaxy S7 is at least above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to Update Galaxy S7 to Android 7.1.2 crDroid Nougat Custom ROM:
Step No 1: – First, download Android 7.1.2 crDroid Nougat custom ROM for Galaxy S7 SM-G930F on the desktop of the PC.
Step No 2: – Plug your device to the PC using its USB data cable and mount its USB memory storage.
Step No 3: – Transfer Android 7.1.2 crDroid Nougat ROM .zip file which you’ve already downloaded from the above link to the root folder of your SD card on the phone.
Step No 4: – Unplug the Galaxy S7 SM-G930F from the PC and power it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5: – Power ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time to enter into Recovery Mode.
Step No 6: – While your device is now in CWM Recovery, perform wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe Dalvik cache also by navigating to Advanced > Wipe Dalvik Cache.
Note: – wipe Dalvik cache will help you to prevent boot loops and other errors while ROM installation.
Step No 7: – Go back to the main Recovery Menu and choose to install zip from SD card → to choose zip from sd card.
Step No 8: – Navigate to the Android 7.1.2 crDroid Nougat custom ROM .zip file which you’ve already transferred to the SD card of your device previously. Select the ROM .zip file using the Power button and confirm the installation to begin.
Step No 9: – Navigate to +++++Go Back+++++ once the installation is completed. From Recovery Menu, reboot your device by selecting reboot system now.
Your Galaxy S7 SM-G930F will be rebooted and may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Done! You’ve successfully updated Galaxy S7 SM-G930F to the latest Android 7.1.2 crDroid Nougat.