How To Update ZTE Axon 7 To Android 7.1 Nougat Official Lineage OS 14.1 Custom ROM
Lineage team has finally released the official Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM based on Android 7.1 Nougat for ZTE Axon 7. Now you can test the sweetness of Nougat on your own ZTE Axon 7 smartphone. This latest custom firmware is packed with all Android 7.1 Nougat features which include many eye- catching features and improvements. Also, this custom firmware is lighter than the stock one so it will also run faster and better than before. This official Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM is in experimental stages and Nightly build which may have few bugs but it can be used as a daily drive without any problem. This is not officially announced by Google but just a custom ROM. Your ZTE Axon 7 should be Rooted & have the latest version of a Custom Recovery like TWRP or CWM already installed on it to flash the official Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat custom ROM.
By following this step by step guide, you can easily update your ZTE Axon 7 to Android 7.1 Nougat official Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM. Once you update your device then you can taste new look, improved battery life, performance improvements and much more. Before proceeding, don’t forget to take a complete backup of all your important data. Because while flashing this custom ROM your entire data will be wiped clean. If you are interested in installing official Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat custom ROM on your ZTE Axon 7 then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Before Getting Started:
- This method works for ZTE Axon 7 A2017, A2017G, and A2017U.
- Make a proper backup of all your relevant existing data on ZTE Axon 7.
- The stock Marshmallow OS version should be installed on ZTE Axon 7.
- Download and install USB drivers for ZTE Axon 7 on your computer.
- The ZTE Axon 7 bootloader should be unlocked.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- You ZTE Axon 7 must be rooted, and the latest build of either CWM or TWRP Recovery should be pre-installed on it to flash a brand new Android 7.1-based custom ROM.
- For this firmware installation, you will also need to factory reset the phone.
- Finally, ensure that your ZTE Axon 7 device carries more than 70% of charge.
Please note that this guide can be used only for the ZTE Axon 7 devices. Don’t use the firmware file given in this guide for any other device or incorrect variant. Do note that you will experience some force close errors while running this Nougat firmware on your ZTE Axon 7.
- Download Official Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat custom ROM file from here. (Mirror)
- Download Gapps for Android 7.1 ROMs from here.
Steps to Flash Official Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1 Nougat Custom ROM on ZTE Axon 7:
Step No 1: – Download the Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM on the desktop of your PC for ZTE Axon 7 from the above link. Do not unzip the firmware zipped file.
Step No 2: – Plug the phone to the PC via its USB data cable.
Step No 3: – Transfer the Paranoid Android 6.0 custom ROM .zip file to the root folder on SD card of your phone.
Step No 4: – After transferring ROM file, unplug the USB cord and turn it OFF to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step No 5: – Turn ON the phone while pressing and holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons at the same time.
Step No 6: – While your ZTE Axon 7 is in Recovery Mode, perform wipe data tasks by navigating to the main menu of recovery and choose wipe data/factory reset and confirm the process.
Step No 7: – Now, go back to Recovery menu and select choose zip from sd card -> Install zip from sd card. Find the Paranoid Android 6.0 custom ROM file that you have already downloaded it in Step No 1. Confirm the flashing process to begin.
Step No 8: – Once again, go back to main recovery menu and reboot your ZTE Axon 7 into the new custom ROM. Your device may take about 4 to 5 minutes to boot for the first after installation.
Step No 9: – Repeat the above process to install Google Apps package on your smartphone.
Done! You’ve successfully installed the Paranoid Android 6.0 custom ROM on ZTE Axon 7.
Enjoy the all new features that Paranoid Android 6.0 brings to your ZTE Axon 7. Don’t forget to share your experience with us in the comments area below.