Good news for Huawei P8 Lite users because Android 7.1.1 is now available for your device via an unofficial build. Lineage OS team build the latest custom ROM based on Android 7.1.1 Nougat for Huawei P8 Lite variants. All thanks to the XDA developers to build the most recent custom ROM. Huawei has already released the official Android 7.0 Nougat for Huawei P8 Lite, but by installing this custom firmware, you can test the latest Android 7.1.1 Nougat experience and tons of new features and customizations.
This latest custom ROM packed with all official Android 7.1.1 Nougat features and also brought some amazing features and performance improvements. This is an unofficial build of Lineage OS 14.1, so you may face some minor bugs, may not suitable for daily use. This ROM is not officially announced by Huawei but just a custom ROM. Your device must be rooted and installed with the latest version of a custom recovery like TWRP or CWM (ClockworkMod) to flash this most recent Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM on Huawei P8 Lite.
By following this step by step guide, you can easily update your Huawei P8 Lite to Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM. Once your device is updated, then you’ll find a new look, improved battery life, performance improvements and many more features. Before proceeding, keep in mind to take a full backup of all your valuable data because while flashing the Lineage OS 14.1 custom firmware, your entire data will be wiped clean. If you are interested in installing Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat custom ROM on Huawei P8 Lite, then go ahead and follow the given steps.
- Video Recording
- 2nd SIM Slot
- HWC (Hardware Composer HAL – Disabled!)
- Overall Stability (due to HWC disabled)
- There may be other small issues!
The Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM and instructions given in this guide can be used only for the Huawei P8 Lite. Check the model number of your Huawei P8 Lite from Settings > About Phone.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving on to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Huawei P8 Lite USB Drivers
- The Huawei P8 Lite should be rooted with the latest version of the custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- Enable USB Debugging by navigating to Menu –> Settings –> Developer Options
- Make sure that the battery level of the Huawei P8 Lite is at least above 80% before going ahead.
Steps to Update Huawei P8 Lite to Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 custom ROM:
Step 1: Download the Lineage OS 14.1 custom ROM package and Google Apps on the desktop of your PC for your Huawei P8 Lite.
Step 2: Once the files are downloaded, connect your smartphone to PC via USB cable (your phone must be turned on).
Step 3: Copy/Paste the downloaded firmware and Google Apps files from your PC to the root folder of SDcard of your Huawei P8 Lite. When done, unplug the USB cord.
Step 4: Turn OFF your Huawei P8 Lite to boot into Recovery Mode.
Step 5: You can easy reboot recovery mode on your device using the QuickBoot app (For Rooted Devices) or using ADB method. If your phone is rooted, then follow the given steps.
- Go to the Google Play store and download a tool on your device.
- Search for the Quick Boot tool.
- Install the tool on your phone/tablet.
- Run the same.
- From the menu that will be displayed (Recovery, Reboot, Bootloader and Power Off) select “recovery”.
- Now your handset will be rebooted into recovery mode, so that’s it.
Step 6: While the Huawei P8 Lite is now in recovery mode, perform a “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvik cache”.
Step 7: Go back to main recovery menu once the wipe is completed.
Step 8: Now, select “install zip from SD card” and “choose zip from SD card”. Locate the firmware file that you have already transferred to the root folder of your SDcard. Select it and start the installation process.
Step 9: Finally, install Google Apps by repeating the above step.
Step 10: Wait for the installation process to be completed successfully. Your phone will take about 4-5 minutes to boot for the first time after installation.
Step 11: Once the flashing process is finished, go to the recovery menu and select “reboot system now”.
That’s All; you have successfully installed the Lineage OS 14.1 Android 7.1.1 Nougat ROM on your Huawei P8 Lite.