In this guide, we’ll tell you that how to install stock firmware OTA update zip and fastboot files on Xiaomi Devices. No doubt that in this competitive market, software updates act as a major contributing factor towards an OEM’s success. Xiaomi releases constant updates for its devices as two different types of ROMs – Recovery, and Fastboot. These two types of updates are available either as Beta or Stable version. We’ll use to flash the OTA zip files using recovery and Fastboot files via Mi Flash Tool. Mi Flash Tool is the official tool from Xiaomi. Now go ahead and proceed to the given guide to Install MIUI Fastboot ROM using Mi Flash Tool on Xiaomi Devices (Fastboot/Recovery).
Updater App is commonly used to update Xiaomi smartphones and it’s the fastest method to flash the Recovery ROMs. But as you know that OTA updates take days or even weeks before they are available for all devices globally. So if you have a Xiaomi device and the update is not yet available in your region then you can still upgrade your Xiaomi phone using the Fastboot image provided by Xiaomi. Fastboot ROM contains *.trg image files of the full firmware that you can use for many purposes. Proceed to the given guide to Install MIUI Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi Devices using MiFlash Tool (Stable Stock ROM Zip files as well as OTA fast boot files).
There are some advantages if you Install MIUI Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi Devices manually. The first that we’d like to let you know is; flashing the Fastboot ROM enables the update to the latest available software quickly and there is no need to wait to get the OTA notification. Also, flashing MIUI Fastboot ROM using MiFlash allows you to restore stock firmware on Xiaomi devices. One of the most important things is resolving software related issues. A lot of users have reported that they are facing issues and bugs after updating their devices via Recovery ROM or OTA (over-the-air). So, in addition to wiping cache, you can resolve any major software problems by installing the full firmware manually.
How To Flash/Install MIUI Fastboot ROM using Mi Flash Tool on Xiaomi Devices
Please note that Xiaomi Official firmware OTA updates are available either in Zip or fast boot format. We’ll use stock recovery to flash the Zip format OTA file and MI flash tool to flash the Fastboot file.
unlockroot.net will not responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Xiaomi Device during or after the flashing process. Proceed at your own risk.
Check out the given requirements before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Create the full backup of all your existing data before going ahead. Follow this guide to make backup.
- Download the correct Xiaomi MIUI OTA Stable ROM Zip file
- Your device should have the stock recovery.
- Your device must have an unlocked bootloader.
- Download and install the appropriate USB drivers on the PC for your device.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60-70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns during the flashing process.
Install Stock Firmware OTA Update Zip Files on Xiaomi Devices (Recovery ROM):
- First of all, download the correct Global Stable MIUI ROM for your Xiaomi phone.
- Connect your Xiaomi phone to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Copy/Paste the ROM .zip file to the root folder of your device’s internal storage.
- Next, navigate to Updater Application.
- Click the three-dot menu at the top right corner, and select Choose Update Package
- Locate and select the downloaded ROM file that you have already transferred in Step 3.
- The Update process will automatically begin.
- Once the installation process completes successfully, reboot your device
That’s All! You have successfully installed the latest official stable MIUI ROM on Xiaomi device.
Install MIUI Fastboot ROM on Xiaomi Devices using MiFlash Tool
- First, download the latest Fastboot ROM (.tgz format) for your device.
- Once the download completes, extract the downloaded file (content) on the desktop of your PC.
- Now, boot your device to Fastboot mode by following the given method to install MIUI Fastboot ROM using MiFlash:
- Power OFF the device.
- Power it ON by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds
- Connect your phone to the PC using its USB data cable.
- Download the latest Mi Flash tool and double-click on ‘MiFlashSetup_eng.msi’ to run the tool.
- Next, click on the ‘refresh‘ button and to ensure that the tool detects the Xiaomi device correctly.
- Click on the ‘select‘ button and select the extracted folder where you have extracted the Fastboot ROM.
- Next, choose one of the options Clean All, Save User Data or Clean all and lock at the bottom of the MiFlash tool window.
- Click on the ‘flash‘ button to install MIUI Fastboot ROM using MiFlash tool on your Xiaomi phone.
The flash process will start and may take about several minutes. Once the process successfully finishes, the tool window shall show the “success” message and the device will reboot automatically.
- Finally, disconnect the device from the PC.
These were the complete steps to install MIUI Fastboot ROM using MiFlash tool on your Xiaomi phone. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question related to the above guide.