If you have the Xiaomi Mi 8 and want to install the latest stable version of Android 9.0 Pie. Then you will be happy to know that Xiaomi Mi 8 is started getting the MIUI 10.1.1 official update based on the Android 9.0 Pie. Today, in this article we come with a complete guide on how to install MIUI 10.1.1 stable official update Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 8. All thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer yshalsager, which share the link for the recovery ROM for MIUI 10.1.1 official update. The MIUI 10.1.1 update is based on Android 9.0 Pie which comes with lots of improvements, design changes and customizations. Once you can install this latest update then, you can enjoy all the features of Android Pie on your own device.
We talk about the specification of Xiaomi Mi 8. Xiaomi has launched this amazing smartphone in June 2018 along with 6.21-inches Super AMOLED display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2248 pixels with 19:9 screen ratio. The device is running on Octa-core 4×1.8 GHz Kryo 385 Silve, Qualcomm SDM845 Snapdragon 845. The Xiaomi Mi 8 comes with 6 GB RAM and 64/128/256 GB of internal storage. The smartphone has the front camera of 20 MP and the main camera is dual 12 MP, also it brings Non-removable Li-Po 3400 mAh battery.
The Android 9.0 Pie is the big update for Xiaomi Mi 8. The Miui 10.1.1 official update brings many new features like the gesture-based navigation system, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing and much more.
We are strongly recommended to take all backup of all your important data before proceeding. If you are interested in installing MIUI 10.1.1 Android 9.0 Pie official update on Xiaomi Mi 8 then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Guide to Install MIUI 10.1.1 Android 9.0 Pie on Xiaomi Mi 8:
The public MIUI 10.1.1 build will be available within a few weeks (soon after the end of June 2018). However, thanks to Mishaal Rahman from XDA for providing the direct links to download MIUI 10.1.1 China Developer ROM for Xiaomi Mi 8. Before proceeding to the installation guide, have a look at the MIUI 10 features.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer if you haven’t already.
- Create a complete backup of all your important data before starting the installation process.
- Your phone’s bootloader must be unlocked. You can also follow our tutorial on how to unlock Xiaomi bootloader.
- Charge the Xiaomi Mi 8 to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the update process.
Google Apps (Download)
How to Install MIUI10.1.1 Android 9.0 Pie Update on Xiaomi Mi 8:
- First, download the correct MIUI 10.1.1 China Developer ROM and Google Apps package for your device from theabove-givenn links on the desktop of your PC.
- Now, connect the Xiaomi phone to the PC via its USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded ZIP files to the phone’s internal storage or to the root folder of your SD card.
- Once the is transferred to the devices, disconnect your phone and turn it OFF.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery. To do so, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time to enter TWRP recovery.
- While your device is now in TWRP, tap on ‘Wipe’ and swipe the ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’ button.
- After the Wipe process completes, navigate to the main menu of TWRP recovery and tap on the ‘Install’ button.
- Go to the internal storage and choose the MIUI 10.1.1 China Developer ROM ZIP file that you have already transferred in Step 3.
- Once selected, press the ‘Add more ZIPs’ button and select the GApps ZIP package.
- Finally, swipe the button on the screen to install MIUI 10.1.1 on your Xiaomi Mi 8.
- Tap on the Reboot ‘System’ in TWRP recovery after the flashing process completes. You’ll find the latest MIUI 10.1.1 China Developer ROM after the device boots into the OS.
These were the easy steps to Install MIUI 10.1.1 ROM on Xiaomi Mi 8.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question related to the above guide.