Download and Install MIUI 10 ROM on the Xiaomi Devices
The latest MIUI 10 is now available for Xiaomi devices. Now you can download and install MIUI 10 ROM on Xiaomi devices; Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Xiaomi Mi 6, and Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. All thanks to the hard work of Xiami to finally revealed the next iteration of its stock Android skin. The latest MIUI 10 brings various new AI-assisted features and UI redesigns for an overall better software experience. MIUI 10 also comes with system UI changes like a redesigned lock screen, quick settings, recent apps, volume panel, notifications, and much more. Now go to install MIUI 10 ROM on Xiaomi devices
You’ll be glad to know that the MIUI 10 build for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is based on the latest Android 8.1 Oreo and for the Xiaomi Mi 5, Xiaomi Mi 6, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Xiaomi Mi Note 2 and Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 are based on Android 8.0 Oreo. Just go ahead and follow the given guide to Install MIUI 10 ROM on Xiaomi Devices to be the latest May security patches. The given MIUI 10 build is for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (Chinese Xiaomi Redmi Note 5) not the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 released in India, but users have tested and reported that it should still work just fine.
Keep in mind that MIUI 10 isn’t publicly available yet. So the MIUI 10 ROMs given in this guide are currently available for Xiaomi devices are not officially released by Xiaomi but have leaked online which is how we’re able to install them right now. But if you have Xiaomi device mentioned above, and waiting to receive an update to MIUI 10, then you’ll need to wait for the ROM to release officially. As this is not the official build, then you may expect some minor bugs, but if you can ignore them, then follow the given guide to Install MIUI 10 ROM on Xiaomi devices.
Guide to Install MIUI 10 ROM on Xiaomi and Redmi Devices
The public MIUI 10 beta build will be available within a few weeks (soon after the end of June 2018). However, thanks to Mishaal Rahman from XDA for providing the direct links to download MIUI 10 China Developer ROM for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Xiaomi Mi 6, and Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro. Before proceeding to the installation guide, have a look at the MIUI 10 features.
- AI Portrait: The all-new software algorithm brings bokeh effect (Also known as Portrait Mode) to all the supported devices with dual/single-lens camera.
- AI Preload: MIUI 10 utilizes AI to analyze and track the phone’s usage to assist faster app load times and better performance throughout the system.
- New Recents menu: The Recents app menu/task manager has been completely revamped with a 2 column layout and vertical scrolling.
- AI-based Virtual Assistant: For the first time, Xiaomi has introduced its virtual assistant, that shall be the default for Chinese devices.
- Setup ADB and Fastboot on your computer if you haven’t already.
- Create a complete backup of all your relevant data before starting the installation process.
- Your phone’s bootloader must be unlocked. You can also follow our tutorial on how to unlock Xiaomi bootloader.
- Charge the Xiaomi/Redmi phone to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the update process.
Google Apps (Download)
Download the MIUI 10 Build:
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi 5
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi 6
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- MIUI 10 for the Xiaomi Mi Note 2
How to Install MIUI 10 ROM on Xiaomi:
- First, download the correct MIUI 10 China Developer ROM and Google Apps package for your device from the above given links on the desktop of your PC.
- Now, connect the Xiaomi phone to the PC via its USB cable.
- Transfer the downloaded ZIP files to the phone’s internal storage or the root folder of your SD card.
- Once the is transferred to the devices, disconnect your phone and turn it OFF.
- Boot your device into TWRP recovery. To do so, hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time to enter TWRP recovery.
- While your device is now in TWRP, tap on ‘Wipe’ and swipe the ‘Swipe to Factory Reset’ button.
- After the Wipe process completes, navigate to the main menu of TWRP recovery and tap on the ‘Install’ button.
- Go to the internal storage and choose the MIUI 10 China Developer ROM ZIP file that you have already transferred in Step 3.
- Once selected, press the ‘Add more ZIPs’ button and choose the GApps ZIP package.
- Finally, swipe the button on the screen to install MIUI 10 on your Xiaomi device.
- Tap on the Reboot ‘System’ in TWRP recovery after the flashing process completes. You’ll find the latest MIUI 10 China Developer ROM after the device boots into the OS.
These were the easy steps to Install MIUI 10 ROM on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S, Xiaomi Mi 6, and Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question related to the above guide.