Here is how to install TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s / Mi 8. Good news for all Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S and Mi 8 users, because last week TWRP team announced the official support for the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S and Mi 8 devices. The Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S and Mi 8 owners can now install the latest official TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S and Mi 8 variants. As we all know that Xiaomi is very popular among the developer community.
But it takes a long time to give the official support for certain projects. So that’s why a lot of community developer support for these devices via unofficial ports. Now the time to install official TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S and Mi 8 variants.
In this article, we share a simple step by step guide on how to download and install TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s and Mi 8. TWRP is known as (TeamWin custom recovery), which is an open source custom recovery. Once you install official TWRP, you will be able to install different custom ROM, kernels, Mods, Xposed Modules for customized features, one click root and unroot processes and so on. Also, It helps to take full Nandroid Backup and restore, remove bloatware and mod zip files for customizations. In order to install official TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S and Mi 8, your device must have an Unlock bootloader.
Keep in mind, while installing official TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S and Mi 8. Your entire data will be wiped clean, so we strongly recommend you taking the full backup of all your valuable data before proceeding. If you are interested in installing official TWRP custom recovery on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S and Mi 8, then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Mi Mix 2S/ Mi 8 using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Mi Mix 2S/ Mi 8
- You can always take FULL NANDROID Backup in case of any modding or flashing.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix 2S/ Mi 8.
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix 2S/ Mi 8.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Custom Recovery on Xiaomi Mi Mix 2s and Mi 8:
Remember this guide is to install TWRP custom Recovery on Mi Mix 2S / Mi 8, so don’t try the same recovery image on any other device. Before flashing recovery, please read and install the required drivers and software on your PC.
Download Required Files
- This Guide is to Install TWRP Recovery on Mi Mix 2S/ Mi 8
- You need to Unlock Bootloader on Mi Mix 2S/ Mi 8.
- You need either a Laptop or a PC.
- Download Chainfire Super SU.zip
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Download Latest Mi Mix 2S/ Mi 8 USB Drivers
- Make sure you have followed the steps properly. Don’t Skip and Read ! – We are not responsible for any damage that you make to your phone.