How to install Lineage OS 16 on Nokia 6.1 2018 based on Android 9.0 Pie: Lineage OS 16 released the latest custom firmware which is based on latest Android 9.0 OS. The Lineage OS is one of the well-known aftermarket firmware built-in Android community. Also, the Lineage OS is the most popular and best custom ROM in all over the world. Recently, Lineage OS 16 builds the official custom firmware for Nokia 6.1 2018 smartphone. So now you can download and install Lineage OS 16 Android 9.0 Pie on Nokia 6.1 2018. Here we share a simple and step by step guide for you through that you can quickly install Lineage OS 16 on Nokia 6.1 2018.
The official stock firmware is good but custom ROM gives you some extra features and customizations. Lineage OS 16 comes with tons of new features and customizations such as Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing and much more. In order to install Lineage OS 16 on Nokia 6.1 2018, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and already installed the latest TWRP custom recovery. The Lineage OS 16 is an official stable build which can smoothly run on your device without any problem.
If we talk about the specifications of Nokia 6.1 2018 then the device comes with 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3. The smartphone is powered by Octa-core Qualcomm SDM630 Snapdragon 630 along with ¾ GB of RAM and 32/64GB internal storage. The Nokia 6.1 2018 has a single rear camera is 16 MP and 8 MP front camera with autofocus. Before proceeding we highly recommend to keep the backup of all your phone data before proceeding. If you want to install Lineage OS 16 on Nokia 6.1 2018 based on Android 9.0 Pie then go ahead and follow the given steps.
Please note that this guide containing the Lineage OS 16 Custom Firmware file is compatible with Nokia 6.1 2018 only. Do not try to flash this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
UnlockRoot.net will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Nokia 6.1 2018 phone by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers for your Nokia 6.1 2018 device on your PC.
If the TWRP custom recovery is not yet installed on your phone yet then you’ll need to install TWRP first.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
- Lineage OS 16 Android Pie ROM.zip
- Download Google Apps
Steps Install Lineage OS 16 on Nokia 6.1 2018 Android 9.0 Pie OS:
1. First of all, download the ROM and Google Apps package zipped files for your device from the above-given links on the desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your phone to the PC using its USB data cable.
3. Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sd card on your phone.
4. After the transferring process completes, boot your device into the TWRP Recovery. Here you can find a detailed guide on
5. Now, follow the given guide to install Lineage OS 16 on your device.
6. Repeat the same steps to flash the Google Apps package.
7. Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
If you want to get root access on your phone then you can easily root Nokia 6.1 2018 with Magisk within a few minutes.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install Android 9.0 Pie for Nokia 6.1 2018.