If you have Razer Phone then you can install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on your device. This latest GSI ROM is a custom firmware which is based on AOSP Android 9 Pie. Follow the given guide to download and install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Razer Phone and the get the experience of latest Android OS. GSI stands for a Generic System image. Which means, if your device supports Project Treble, then you can install GSI ROM based on AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Razer Phone. This latest AOSP custom firmware comes with all the features and improvements from Android Pie.
There is no news about the official Pie update for the device. So until the official stock firmware release, you can test the features of Android Pie on your device by installing third-party custom firmware. The XDA Recognized Developer phhusson, build a great custom ROM for Razer Phone which is based on Android 9.0 Pie. The AOSP Android 9.0 Pie custom firmware brings all the official Android Pie features such as Advanced Battery with AI Support, Manual theme selection, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness and so on.
Razer Phone Specifications:
The company released the Razer phone in 2017 with high specifications. This phone is powered by an Octa-Core Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835. The phone has 8b GB RAM and 64 GB of internal storage, and you can expand it via SD Card up to 512 GB. The device comes with Android 7.1 Nougat OS out of the box and later upgraded to Android 8.1 Oreo.
In order to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Razer Phone, your device should have Bootloader Unlocked and already installed latest TWRP custom recovery on it. Proceed to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Razer Phone by following the given instructions.
Please note that this guide containing the AOSP Android 9.0 Pie ROM Custom Firmware file is compatible with Razer Phone only. Do not try to flash this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants.
UnlockRoot.net will not responsible for any kind of damage or loss occurred to your device, before or after the installation. Proceed at your own risk.
- Create a proper backup of all your important data such as contacts, call logs, messages, media files etc. In case anything goes wrong then you will be able to restore your data back.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Razer Phone phone by navigating to Settings – Developer Options.
- Download and install the correct USB Drivers for your Razer Phone device on your PC.
If the TWRP custom recovery is not yet installed on your phone yet then you’ll need to install TWRP first.
- Make sure that the battery level of your phone is about 60 to 70% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while flashing the ROM.
Required Files to Download:
Steps to Install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Razer Phone:
1. First of all, download the ROM and Google Apps package zipped files for your device from the above given links on the desktop of your PC.
2. Connect your phone to the PC using its USB data cable.
3. Transfer the downloaded ROM and Gapps to the root folder of sdCard on your phone.
4. After the transferring process completes, boot your device into the TWRP Recovery. Here you can find a detailed guide on
5. Now, follow the given guide to install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Razer Phone.
6. Repeat the same steps to flash Google Apps package.
7. Once the installation process completes, go back to the TWRP recovery and reboot your device.
If you want to get root access on your phone then you can easily root Razer Phone with Magisk within a few minutes.
Done! These were the complete steps to download and install AOSP Android 9.0 Pie on Razer Phone.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any query or trouble related to the above guide.