Update Nokia 7.1 Android 9.0 Pie Official Stock Firmware: Today, we have great news for Nokia 7.1 owners. HMD Global started rolling out the latest official update for Nokia 7.1 Android 9.0 Pie via OTA. The Android Pie update comes with all the official features of Android Pie along with Android security patch 1 November 2018. As we all know that Nokia is getting back in the business of smartphones, now the Nokia is releasing Android official updates very fast across all the OEMs around the world. All the Nokia phones will come under the Android One program announced by HMD Global. It is good news for all Nokia users because after that Nokia delivering official updates very speedy. Now the time to update your Nokia 7.1 Android 9.0 Pie official update and get the experience of latest Android OS.
The Android 9.0 Pie update is rolling out via OTA (Over-the-Air), so you can catch this official update by going into Settings –> About Phone –> Software update. Now if the Android 9.0 Pie update is available on your device then simply download it and install. But if you can’t update for any reason then still you can install Nokia 7.1 Android 9.0 Pie update manually by following given instructions. Once your Nokia 7.1 is updated then you will be able to utilize better Settings menu, improved notification drop-down, the new gesture navigation system, better battery endurance, new power and Settings menu, screenshot buttons, Lockdown and much more. The most important features are the digital wellbeing feature to ensure the user is using the device efficiently.
Please note that Android 9 Pie update given in this guide is working with the Nokia 7.1 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants. Verify the model number of your phone first by navigating to Settings -> About Phone.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Nokia 7.1.
- Install USB Drivers for Android Devices on your PC.
- You need to Enter Nokia Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down + Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when the Nokia phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Download Mode.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installation.
How to Update Nokia 7.1 Android 9 Pie Official Stock Firmware:
Follow the given guide to update Nokia 7.1 to Android 9 Pie update:
- Download Android Pie OTA package for your Nokia 7.1.
- For Nokia 7.1, rename the downloaded package to “update.zip“.
- Next, connect your phone to the PC using the USB cable.
- Transfer the OTA package to the root (Outside all folders) of the phone’s storage.
- Open the dialer app on your phone and enter the following:
- Ensure that your phone has the latest Android 8.1 Oreo firmware installed.
- Once confirmed, enter the following code in the dialer to install Nokia 7.1 Android Pie update:
- The installation process will begin immediately.
- After the update is finished, your phone will reboot and the OTA package will be deleted from the internal storage automatically.
When your phone boots back into the OS, it shall be upgraded and running Android Pie. So go ahead and explore all the new features on your Nokia handset.
Done! You have successfully update Nokia 7.1 to Android 9 Pie official stock firmware.