G965FXXS2BRJ6 November 2018 Security Patch Released for Samsung Galaxy S9+: Samsung released a new firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S9+ in Europe region. The latest Oreo stock update won’t introduce new features and capabilities. Keep in mind that this is a minor OTA which is here to introduce the November 2018 security patch. As it’s a minor patch that brings fixes for a few recently reported bugs and security breaches. If you have rooted Galaxy S9+ or installed a custom ROM firmware then you can manually install the November 2018 Security Patch by using Odin. We strongly recommend updating Android devices to the new firmware updates to keep safe your device from vulnerabilities and malware. In short, if you want to experience a fully stable Android OS, then you will need to flash this latest OTA on your Galaxy S9+.
G965FXXS2BRJ6 firmware is based on Android 8.0 Oreo and we have given a detailed guide on how to download and install G965FXXS2BRJ6 November 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy S9+ via Odin tool. Check software update on unlocked Galaxy S9+ and hit the download to upgrade your device G965FXXS2BRJ6 Android 8.0 Oreo Official Update on the availability.
As the OTA update arrives phase-wise and will soon reach every user running on Stock OEM firmware. Still, if the update has not yet reached in your region then you can manually install Android 8.0 Oreo Official update on Galaxy S9+. Odin 3.13.3 app is capable of installing the new official Oreo update over a custom ROM. Now proceed to check for the software update manually on the Galaxy S9+. Proceed to install G965FXXS2BRJ6 November 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy S9+.
- PDA: G965FXXS2BRJ6
- CSC: G965FOXM2BRJ5
- BUILD DATE: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 04:25:45 +0000
- Android security patch level: 2018-11-01
Please note that G965FXXS2BRJ6 Android 8.0 Oreo November 2018 Security Patch file given in this guide is working with the Galaxy S9+ model number G965F only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants. Verify the model number of your phone first by navigating to Settings -> About Phone.
How to Check / Upgrade Software Update on Galaxy S9+?
- To check the latest software update on your Galaxy S9+, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Galaxy S9+. The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
This was the method to upgrade your device via OTA and if you want to manually download the latest Android 8.0 Oreo Official Update then connect to a strong Wi-Fi network. You can also download and install the OTA firmware on the Galaxy S9+ using ODIN Software manually. We have given the link to download the stock firmware and installation instructions below.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S9+.
- Install USB Drivers for Android Devices on your PC.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down + Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Download Mode.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installation.
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update your device manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy S9+.
You May Also Like:
How to Update Galaxy S9+ to G965FXXS2BRJ6 November 2018 Security Patch via Odin:
Follow the given guide to install G965FXXS2BRJ6 Android 8.0 Oreo June 2018 Security Patch for Galaxy S9+ using Odin:
Done! You have successfully installed G965FXXS2BRJ6 Android 8.0 Oreo June 2018 Security Patch on Galaxy S9+ based on Android 8.0 Oreo.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while updating your Galaxy S9+ to the latest Android stock firmware.