How To Install Android 9.0 Pie One UI Beta on Galaxy S9/S9 Plus: Finally, Samsung started rolling out the latest Android 9.0 Pie Beta update with One UI for Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9+. Now the wait is over and you can install Android 9.0 Pie-based update One UI Beta on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus. The official release of Android 9.0 Pie update for the Galaxy S9 and Galaxy S9 Plus is expected in January 2019. However, if you want to test and get the experience of Android 9.0 Pie OS early then Samsung is opening up a public beta program. This latest One UI beta program is currently live only in China, France, Germany, India, Poland, South Korea, Spain, UK, and the USA users.
So if you are not in those regions or you haven’t been able to update yet for some reason. Then until you can install it manually by following given below step by step guide on how to manually install Android 9.0 Pie-based One UI Beta on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus. The Android 9.0 Pie beta update includes new and enhanced One UI interface design. The beta update comes with a large number of new and enhanced features along with the November 2018 security patch. After updating your Galaxy S9/ S9 Plus, some apps including Calculator, Samsung Internet, Samsung Health, Samsung Notes, and Samsung Members, need to be updated individually.
We highly recommend taking the full backup of all your important data including contacts, messages, images, and other before proceeding. If you want to install Android 9.0 Pie-based One UI Beta on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus then go ahead and follow the given steps.
- You Can Get the Beta Update Using Samsung member App.
Step To Sign up For One UI Beta Program:
- First, install the Samsung Members app on your S9/S9+ from the Play Store or the Galaxy Apps store.
- Once installed, open the app and log in with your ID.
- After you have successfully logged in, go to the ‘Notices‘ section of the Samsung Members app.
- Then tap on “One UI Beta Program Registration“.
- Once you have successfully signed up, go to Settings > Software updates to download and install One UI beta on Galaxy S9/S9+.
Please note that Android 9.0 Pie One UI Beta file given in this guide is working with the Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus model number SM-G960U1 and SM-G965U1 only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variants. Verify the model number of your phone first by navigating to Settings -> About Phone.
How to Check / Upgrade Software Update on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus?
- To check the latest software update on your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus, navigate to Settings > About phone > Software updates > and tap the Check for Updates.
- If the new software update is available then tap the Download now button to start upgrading your Galaxy Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus. The downloading process will take some time to complete. Once the downloading is finished then your device will be ready to upgrade. Tap on Install update.
- Wait for the installation process to complete and after that, your device will reboot. Tap OK.
- Done! Your device is now updated.
This was the method to upgrade your device via OTA and if you want to manually download the latest Android 9.0 Pie-based One UI Beta Update then connect to a strong Wi-Fi network. You can also download and install the OTA firmware on the Galaxy S9+ using ODIN Software manually. We have given the link to download the stock firmware and installation instructions below.
- Create a full Backup on your phone before Installing any new firmware.
- Enable USB Debugging on your Samsung Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus.
- Install USB Drivers for Android Devices on your PC.
- You need to Enter Samsung Download Mode.
- Power off your Samsung phone, press and hold Volume Down + Home and Power keys at the same time.
- Release all three buttons when Samsung phone reboot and you see a warning sign.
- Press Volume Up to enter the main screen of Download Mode.
- The battery level of your phone must be at least about 70% – 80% to avoid unexpected shutdowns while installation.
If you have not received the OTA update, rooted or installed any custom ROM, then you can simply follow this guide to the update your device manually by using ODIN Software. Follow the complete instruction to install new update on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus.
You May Also Like:
Step To Install Android 9.0 Pie One UI Beta on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus:
Follow the given guide to install Android 9.0 Pie One UI Beta for Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus using Odin:
Done! You have successfully installed Android 9.0 Pie One UI Beta on Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any queries or trouble while updating your Samsung Galaxy S9/S9 Plus to the latest Android stock firmware.