Today, we are sharing a detailed guide on how to flash/install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy devices using Odin flashing tool. You can use this guide for all Samsung devices. Odin is a Windows-based one-click ROM flashing tool from Samsung which is used to flash custom ROMs, Official OTA Updates, kernels and other similar files on Samsung phones manually. We can say that it is a must-have tool for the Samsung device’s owners. Odin enables you to flash stock firmware, kernels, ROMs and other files having .tar and .tar.md5 extensions. If you want to flash official firmware then just follow the given step by step guide to Flash Stock ROM on Samsung devices using Odin.
Odin tool comes as a standalone executable package having a quite simple design. You can very easily flash firmware, kernels and other images using Odin flashing tool. Samsung users with a little Android experience can understand and Odin. All you need to have the right firmware according to your device’s model number, otherwise flashing incorrect firmware will result in a bricked device. Most Android users don’t stick to single firmware or ROM always and frequently try new custom ROMs or flash kernels to improve performance. Odin has the ability to restore the partition table using a .pit file. This is the most secure method to manually install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy devices.
If your Samsung phone is shutting off unexpectedly, crashing apps, downgrade, going back to stock or acting buggy then you can use Odin to update Samsung firmware. You may need to install a firmware for your Samsung Galaxy devices for a variety of reasons. Keep in mind that installing an official firmware via Odin doesn’t void your device’s warranty but installing Samsung firmware using Odin software is not the official way. Flashing firmware using Odin are used if you want to unroot, reinstall an official firmware or install another country’s firmware on your device. Always be careful to download the correct firmware according to your device’s model. Follow the given guide to install stock firmware on Samsung Galaxy devices using Odin.
Similar Guide: How to Install TWRP Recovery On Samsung Devices Using Odin
- 1 How To Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Devices Using Odin:
- 126.96.36.199 1: Download/Install Samsung Odin on your PC/Laptop.
- 188.8.131.52 2: Download and Install Samsung USB Drivers on PC
- 184.108.40.206 3: Samsung Firmware Download
- 220.127.116.11 4: Enable USB Debugging/OEM Unlock
- 18.104.22.168 5: Boot your Samsung Galaxy Device into Download Mode
- 22.214.171.124 6: Open the Odin Tool on your PC.
- 126.96.36.199 7: Connect your Phone to Pc
- 188.8.131.52 6: Transfer the Samsung firmware file to Odin
- 184.108.40.206 7: Start Flashing the Samsung firmware with Odin
- 220.127.116.11 8: Finishing the Installation process of Stock Firmware
- 1.0.1 Related
- Make a proper backup of all your important data before going ahead. In case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Make sure that the battery level of your device is about 70 to 80% to prevent unexpected shutdowns while flashing the firmware.
- Make Sure Samsung USB Drivers are installed on your PC. Download Samsung USB Drivers On Windows or Mac.
- ODIN Flash Tool (Latest) (Windows / Mac)
How To Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Devices Using Odin:
We have given a step-by-step guide on how to flash Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy smartphones and tablets using Odin flashing tool.
1: Download/Install Samsung Odin on your PC/Laptop.
Download Latest Odin for Samsung device on your PC (desktop) from the above-given links. Extract the .zip file.
2: Download and Install Samsung USB Drivers on PC
Click here to download Samsung USB Drivers. These drivers are important to recognize your Samsung device. All you need to install the compatible drivers according to your device model.
3: Samsung Firmware Download
You can find the latest firmware for your Smartphone quite easily. However, downloading the firmware from an untrusted site can be a bit risky. Search for your device model on one of the popular sites to download Stock Firmware.
4: Enable USB Debugging/OEM Unlock
Enable USB Debugging and (If applicable) Enable OEM unlock:
- Go to Settings » About phone » and tap 7 times on Build number to enable Developer options.
- Under Developer options, look for Enable USB Debugging and OEM unlock checkbox/toggle and enable it.
5: Boot your Samsung Galaxy Device into Download Mode
Boot your Samsung Galaxy device into Download mode:
- First Power off your device.
- Press “Home + Power + Volume down” buttons for a few seconds until you see a warning screen.
- Now, press Volume Up to accept and boot into Download mode.
6: Open the Odin Tool on your PC.
7: Connect your Phone to Pc
Once you have connected your phone to the PC, you will see an option named as ID: COM. It will turn blue in Odin Tool if your device gets recognized.
6: Transfer the Samsung firmware file to Odin
- Next, extract the downloaded ZIP file you will see the files in the format of “.tar.md5”.
- Now, click on AP in Odin and select the .tar.md5 firmware file.
Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in it’s name. Ignore if there is no such file.
7: Start Flashing the Samsung firmware with Odin
After you have loaded the firmware in Odin, Press the Start button located at the bottom of the screen to start the process of flashing.
8: Finishing the Installation process of Stock Firmware
The process will take few minutes, and you will see a message saying “PASS” on a green color background. After that, the device will reboot automatically and should be running on a new firmware.
These were the easy steps to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung devices using Odin flashing tool.
Done! You have successfully flashed Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy Device using Odin. Let us know in the comments area below if you have any issues or question related to this guide.