Sony has been doing its job rather well compared to some other manufacturers and does not seem to forget his older devices. If you want to update your devices then you are at right place. Sony Mobile has started to roll out the Android 7.1.1 Nougat firmware update for the Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z3 Plus. This latest official update comes with build number from 32.3.A.2.33 to version 32.4.A.0.160 along with the latest 1 June 2017 Android security patch. The Android 7.1.1 Nougat packed with latest features and improvements like new Sony Assist panel on the home screen, new Xperia Home Launcher 10.2.a.2.60. and much more. Sony has rolled out the update via OTA (Over – the – Air), so not all users can get this official update at the same time. If the official update yet not reach in your region and you can’t wait more for this OTA update then still you can install Android 7.1.1 Nougat official update manually by following this simple step by step guide.
The Android 7.1.1 Nougat official update is the sweetest update for Sony Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z3 Plus. This latest update comes with many new features like Manual Camera Settings, Multiwindow, Doze, Notifications, Smart Battery Management, Improved, Vulkan API and much more. Not necessary but it is better to take a full backup of all your valuable data before proceeding. If you are interested in updating your own Sony Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z3 Plus to Android 7.1.1 Nougat then go ahead and follow the given steps.
- 0.1 Note:
- 0.2 Warning:
- 0.3 Before Getting Started:
- 0.4 Required Files:
- 1 Steps to Install Stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat official update on Sony Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z3:
This guide containing the Android 7.1.1 Nougat official update and instructions can be used only for the Sony Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z3. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the device’s model number first.
UnlockRoot.net will not be responsible for any kind of damage occurred to your Sony Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z3 during or after the installation of Android 7.1.1 Nougat official update. Proceed at your own risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your important data and settings using a recommended custom recovery like TWRP or CWM.
- Download and install Sony Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z3 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging on the Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z3 on the PC by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check USB Debugging option.
- Check the battery level of the Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z3, it should be charged at least about 80% to prevent unexpected shutdowns while firmware installation.
Xperia Z5 (E6653)
- Download 1298-7277_32.4.A.0.160-R3E_Customized_AU.ftf
- Download 1298-7250_32.4.A.0.160-R1E_Customized_PH.ftf
Xperia Z5 (E6603)
- Download 1300-4290_32.4.A.0.160-R2E_Customized_US.ftf
Xperia Z5 (E5533)
- Download 1307-1380_32.4.A.0.160-R2E_Customized_TR.ftf
- Download 1297-9122_32.4.A.0.160-R2E_Customized_MEA.ftf
- Download 1297-9117_32.4.A.0.160-R2E_Customized_SA.ftf
- Download 1297-9114_32.4.A.0.160-R2E_Customized_MAA.ftf
Xperia Z5 (E5583)
- Download 1298-7547_32.4.A.0.160-R2E_Customized_IN.ftf
- Download 1298-9654_32.4.A.0.160-R1E_Customized_MY.ftf
Xperia Z3 Plus (E6553)
- Download 94-9984_32.4.A.0.160-R2E_Customized_US.ftf
- Download 1295-3975_32.4.A.0.160-R2E_Customized_GEL.ftf
- Download 1295-0592_32.4.A.0.160-R2E_Customized_RU.ftf
Xperia Z3 Plus (E6533)
- Download 1295-0175_32.4.A.0.160-R2E_Customized_MEA.ftf
- Download 1295-0221_32.4.A.0.160-R2E_Customized_SA.ftf
- Download 1294-9721_32.4.A.0.160-R2E_Customized_MAA.ftf
- Download Sony Flash Tool
Steps to Install Stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat official update on Sony Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z3:
Step No 1: – First of all, download the Android 7.1.1 Nougat official update and Sony FTF update file from the above links to your PC for the Sony Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z3.
Step No 2: – Copy both the Android 7.1.1 Nougat official update and FTF files to the desired folder on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 3: – Next, copy the FTF update file to C:/Flashtool/firmware
Step No 4: – Run the Flash Tool on your PC and then load the FTF update package which you would like flash on the Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z3 by choosing the Nougat firmware file, that you’ve already downloaded on the PC.
Step No 5: – Click on the Flash button of the tool (lower right corner).
Step No 6: – Make sure that all 3 options are selected from the Wipe Menu of the Flash tool.
Step No 7: – Finally, select the option “No Final Verification” at the bottom.
Step No 8: – A message will be displayed saying to connect the Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z3 to the USB using its USB data cable.
Step No 9: – Turn OFF the Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z3 in order to boot into flash mode.
Step No 10: – Turn ON the device while pressing and holding Volume Down button while making the connection between the device and PC.
Step No 11: – Your phone will automatically boot into flash mode and Android 7.1.1 Nougat official update will get installed.
Step No 12: – Now reboot your Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z3 enjoy the latest Nougat firmware on your phone.
Let us know in the comments area below if you have any question or trouble while installing the Android 7.1.1 Nougat official update on your Xperia Z5 and Xperia Z3.