After a long wait, Elephone finally announced the first stable official firmware update based on Android 7.0 Nougat for Elephone P9000 devices in Europe and Asia. Now the Android 7.0 Nougat update is to ready to download and install on your Elephone P9000. The Android 7.0 Nougat is the 7th iteratin of Android OS. The official Android 7.0 Nougat loaded with new features, Improvements and many changes like Improved Notifications, Doze, Multi-Window Mode, Vulkan API, Settings UI, Improved Notifications, Seamless update and much more. Also, this latest update packed with many bug fixes, Performance improvements, a lot of features along with a new security patch. Elephone rolled out this official update via OTA, so not all users can get the update at the same time. If the Android 7.0 Nougat update is not yet available in your region then still you can install it manually by following this step by step guide.
This official firmware is one of the sweetest update from Google because this is the major update for Elephone P9000 that brings many new features and customization. The firmware is currently available in Europe and Asia which is around 1.07GB of weight. The Elephone P9000 was launched with Android 6.0 Marshmallow on board and powered by 1.8GHz + 1.0GHz MediaTek MT6755M octa-core processor. This smartphone comes with 5.5-inch Full HD Display along with 4GB of RAM and 32GB of internal storage. It also features 13MP back camera, 8MP front camera and a non-removable 3000-mAh battery. If you are interested in installing Android 7.0 Nougat official update on your own Elephone P9000 then go ahead and follow the given steps.
This guide containing the Official Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and instructions can be used only with the Elephone P9000. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. Verify the model number of your device by navigating to Settings > About Phone, the model number of your device.
UnlockRoot.net will not be held responsible for any damage occurred to your Elephone P9000 during or after the installation of Android 7.0 Nougat Proceed at your risk.
Before Getting Started:
- Make a proper backup of all the existing data and settings of your Elephone P9000, in case anything goes wrong then you’ll be able to restore your data back.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the Elephone P9000 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on your Elephone P9000 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options > check the USB Debugging option.
- If you have a custom ROM installed on the phone, then after installing this stock update, it will be lost.
- The stock version will replace the custom recovery.
- If the Elephone P9000 will no longer belong to a rooted version, once the stock firmware installed.
- Check the battery level of your Elephone P9000, and it should be charged at least about 80% before proceeding to the installation guide.
Steps to Update Elephone P9000 to Android 7.0 Nougat:
Step No 1: – First, download Android 7.0 Nougat firmware and SP Flash Tool for Elephone P9000 on the desktop of your PC.
Step No 2: – Now Run the SP Flash tool.
Step No 3: – From the main window that will be displayed select the Download tab.
Step No 4: – Click the ‘Scatter-loading’ Button, browse and select the extracted firmware (scatter.txt) file, which you have already downloaded.
Step No 5: – Now select all options (check every option) you see and click on Download.
Step No 6: – Click ‘Download’ and then connect your phone to your PC via USB cable.
Step No 7: – Now the process will start, wait until the installation complete.
Done! You have successfully updated Elephone P9000 to Android 7.0 Nougat official firmware update.