The OnePlus 2 smartphone is now receiving the OxygenOS 3.5.8 update via OTA. OnePlus starts rolling out an official update which is based on Marshmallow. We were all are excepted for Nougat update but the new OxygenOS 3.5.8 update for OnePlus 2 is still based on Marshmallow. This latest update comes with many features like Fixed echo issue during video calls in Duo App, Fixed persistent network drop and roaming issues, and Improved audio compatibility etc. Also, the update brings your OnePlus 2 stability improvements, bug fixes and further improvements for performance along with the latest March 2017 security patch. OnePlus has rolled out this update via OTA (Over – the – Air) so not all users can get the latest official update at the same time. If the OxygenOS 3.5.8 update has not yet reached in your region then still you can install it manually by following this step by step guide.
We always strongly recommend updating Android devices to the latest official update released by OnePlus. This firmware packed with all official features and changes. Not necessary but it is better to take a full backup of all your valuable data. If you are interested in installing OxygenOS 3.5.8 official update on your OnePlus 2 then go ahead and follow the given steps.
OxygenOS 3.5.8 Official Firmware Features:
- Google March security patch
- Device Stability improvements, bug fixes.
- Fixed echo issues while video calls
- Fixed Roaming issues.
- Improved audio compatibility.
- Fixed network drop issues
- New and/or enhanced features.
- Further improvements to performance.
This guide containing the OxygenOS 3.5.8 update can be used for the OnePlus 2 devices only. Do not try to install this firmware on any other device or incorrect variant. It is recommended to check the model number of your device first.
Before Getting Started:
- Create a proper backup of all your existing data and settings on the phone before moving to the installation guide using a recommended custom recovery.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the OnePlus 2 by navigating to Settings > Developer Options.
- Verify that you’ve correctly installed the OnePlus 2 USB Drivers on the PC.
- Windows: Download here!
- OS X: Download here!
- Linux: Download here!
- Your device should be rooted with the latest version of a custom recovery like CWM or TWRP installed.
- The bootloader of your OnePlus 2 must be unlocked.
- Make sure that the battery level of the device is above 80% before going ahead.
- Download OxygenOS 3.5.8 Official Update OTA File
Steps to update OnePlus 2 to OxygenOS 3.5.8 Official Firmware Android 7.0 Nougat:
Step No 1: First, setup ADB and Fastboot on your PC.
Step No 2: Download the OxygenOS 3.5.8 official firmware file on the desktop of your PC from the above-given link and rename it to ota.zip
Step No 3: Next, Enable USB Debugging on your Oneplus 2 by navigating to Setting > Developer Options.
Step No 4: Connect your OnePlus 2 with your PC/laptop.
Step No 5: Open the folder where you have placed the downloaded OTA.zip file and open command windows within the folder.
Step No 6: Type the following command and hit Enter to reboot your phone into Recovery Mode.
adb reboot recovery
Step No 7: Select the “Install from USB” option in Recovery Mode.
Step No 8: Type the following command and hit Enter.
adb sideload ota.zip
Step No 9: The installation process will be initiated, so wait for the installation to be completed.
Done! You have successfully installed the OxygenOS 3.5.8 update on OnePlus 2.